Refina skimming spatula rule

Members online

Stewie03

Hi guys just some advice on this tool if anybody has one, I was thinking of getting one these but the blade is 0.3mm like a s*p*r*lex trowel, is it any good for flattening coats of multi/board finish looking at using it on ceilings most off the time

Have one.its deffo more like flexi blade ..its ok for a flatten and very good for ceilings but for the price I would use the speedskim and cheap pole attachment. I do have both but speedskim will do same job for half the price

Hi guys just some advice on this tool if anybody has one, I was thinking of getting one these but the blade is 0.3mm like a s*p*r*lex trowel, is it any good for flattening coats of multi/board finish looking at using it on ceilings most off the time
I’ve got one. Decent kit and especially for ceilings on the pole. After a bit of wear you can use it to finish and great for cross troweling ceilings. Expensive though and with other similar products you can replace the blades but not on the refina, if it gets damaged you have to replace the entire spat.

Can almost finish with a speed skim if you're careful. Thing I've found with it, is that you need to keep it as flat as possible to the surface, not too much angle.
It’s horrible to hold, very uncomfortable? And wobbles on a pole for ceilings? How do you find it?

It’s horrible to hold, very uncomfortable? And wobbles on a pole for ceilings? How do you find it?

I get on ok with it tbf, don't really think about it. I haven't had years of plastering under my belt though, so to me, I don't have any specific bench marks with different tools. I just get the gear on and flatten it till its right to my eye. Had a lath and plaster ceiling start to come down last week, so went in Sat, stripped it off, boarded and skimmed and the speedy worked well, especially as it was a 9 foot ceiling there where 2 sofas in the room to work around.