refina s*p*r*lex trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor

Has anybody used the refina super flex trowels? I use the nela ones which are good but I was wondering if they were any good

Has anybody used the refina super flex trowels? I use the nela ones which are good but I was wondering if they were any good

It is all down to personal choice. There are many who prefer the NeLa version but some who prefer the Refina. The main difference is the Refina has more Flex at the toe and heel and also is 5" in width. From the reviews we receive the extra flexibility at the Toe and the heel isn't a great thing, this is why we have stuck with our original design and are keeping it the same :RpS_thumbup:

If you head over to the NELA Trowels UK Facebook page there are a few people who write about there experiences on both

Ryan

It is all down to personal choice. There are many who prefer the NeLa version but some who prefer the Refina. The main difference is the Refina has more Flex at the toe and heel and also is 5" in width. From the reviews we receive the extra flexibility at the Toe and the heel isn't a great thing, this is why we have stuck with our original design and are keeping it the same :RpS_thumbup:

If you head over to the NELA Trowels UK Facebook page there are a few people who write about there experiences on both

Ryan
I agree with the flex at toe and heel,if the nela flexed any more at these points I wouldn't use it,the nela has just enough rigidity for using with a little pressure in the corners.:RpS_thumbup:

That's true,I do think the nela is easy to use plus I've got used to the width of the trowel and I'm pretty comfortable with it

The nela is a nice trowel tho. I have not give up on it. My mate has a lone of it. When I get it back ill give it a go for a few days and see how i get on.

So tonight we have had two newbies posting about the super flex ??? @Danny coincidence or more bogus accounts

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people use superglue trowels so it's not surprising people signing up and posting about them....

Not bogus mate I'm new to the forum but been plastering 20 years and I've always used mt 14x5 trowels but all these new ones are coming out and just wanted another opinion rather than adding to huge collection of trowels I've bought over the years and hated within 5 minutes of using them

Nela & refina super flex trowels are good but fooking fragile!!!
Plus I know one lad who had Nela trowel and the blade came off the spine because it was stuck on with double sided foam tape

They are both stuck down the same way with a double sided tape.

Unfortunately it was a small issue with the NELA Trowels and they have been replaced free of charge if we have been informed :RpS_thumbsup:

My mate, bought me and him a nela s*p*r*lex his fell off and my is still perfect. He has tried sticking it back with everything to no avail. I'll tell him about the double sided plus I have got refina s*p*r*lex I love them both I lay on with Rifina cos wider blade and trowel with nela :)

I use an 18" super flex and its sh@& hot! Everyone I've let have a go have gone and got one for themselves,really nice for troweling up.do still like putting on and flattening with 18" marshalltown though. Seen the Nela trowels a lad I was workin with bought one and it looked good quality but never got to give it a go.

The fella who works with me bought a nela 16" s*p*r*lex, we go home earlier now. Great bit of kit. Second trowel with it and a cross trowel to get a pukka finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.