refina power float

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a plastic float attachment to float acrylic bucket renders?

i believe we only have the diamond faced float, the stock number is 550417 amd is £15+VAT, we also used to stock a smoothed faced float which i believe we have no stock of, but could possibly get in from our supplier if thats what you wanted.

Cheers

How the hell can a piece of fecking sponge be worth £29+vat?
Sorry not "worth" we all know it's not worth that, but how can Refina charge that and sell them?

This sponge is a new product for the powerfloat and i believe we are having them made for us, this of course would add to our costs. However, it is also a new product so the pricing may be a little out, i will be sure to ask the boss when he is back if this is the correct price!

i believe we only have the diamond faced float, the stock number is 550417 amd is £15+VAT, we also used to stock a smoothed faced float which i believe we have no stock of, but could possibly get in from our supplier if thats what you wanted.

Cheers

how much is the smooth faced float EX vat?

how much is the smooth faced float EX vat?

i had a look around the warehouse yesterday and managed to find a couple of these floats. they currently have no stock number so i can't really give you a price. The boss is back at the end of this week so i will ask him, but i am sure it will be around the same sort of price as the diamond faced float. Ill get back to you on this as soon as i can!!

do you mean the one that was cabled to a transformer type box? if so then yes i believe they will as long as there is the velcro backing plate on that machine. i think that all the sponges and float accessories are around the same size.

camnz, that smoothed faced float we do is available for the same price as the diamond faced one. £15 plus the VAT. let me know if we can help you with an order. cheers

Hi guys

just wondering has anyone used it for sponging and troweling up multi ?

Looks a great bit of kit, like everything the more practice the better the finish

Also how long do you wait after you rule off to float up s&c with it.

i would say the scratching pad would be good for roughing up s&c before you use multi.

Shame nobody has put up a vid on youtube of the thing on multi.

Hi guys

just wondering has anyone used it for sponging and troweling up multi ?

Looks a great bit of kit, like everything the more practice the better the finish

Also how long do you wait after you rule off to float up s&c with it.

i would say the scratching pad would be good for roughing up s&c before you use multi.

Shame nobody has put up a vid on youtube of the thing on multi.

Fair play lol

Can you tell me do you still have the smoothed faced float in stock, if so how can we order one. cheers

yes we do, you can order by calling 01202 632270

If you have any problems ordering, just ask for me and i'll be able to sort it out for you.

Cheers, Harry

Hi guys new to this site
can you use the power float to scape Monocouche we do a lot of it and does it leave a good level job or is the I rule better thanks

Hi gaz,

We have had limited feedback so far on the power float with render. It will work on monocouche with either the plastic blade float attachment or the plastic diamond faced float attachment.

Heres a link so you can see the attachments: Power float for plaster & render finishing

but as I have said, the feedback has been limited so we don't have a lot to go on I'm afraid. If you would like more info on the product then please give us a call.

Harry

For the trowel attachment there is a screw that goes through the backing plate, this is the same for the backing plate for the sponges and float, however the sponges and floats are attached to this backing plate by velcro. This sounds like it might be a bit week. But the pressure applied means they stay in place easily.

Well I've got a pft one and its a brilliant piece of kit my gaffer bought it off Ian used it for a one off job and now it's mine for free

Hi Harry thanks for your reply don't get on this site much to bizzy at work don't know how these guy answer so many questions
i know all about it just want to know if it really as good as they say I've been plastering since 76 and buying from you since the mid 80 s how can it get the wall flregards gasregards gas

Hi Gaz, no worries reply when you can mate.

as i said we haven't had too much feedback, in fact we recently sent one out for a trial but the guy never got back to us and has kept the machine... danger of trialling stuff!

when i am at my computer again i'll have a look for his emails as i mat have a little something on how it flattens. Personally, i cannot see how it will flatten the render better than a level as it will be constantly moving around. i'll speak to the boss when he's back to see if he is more clued up that i am haha.

Harry

ive just had a look at my emails and found this rather vague review:

''The Refina EPG Power Sponge Float makes light work of any plastered wall or ceiling. The bigger the wall or ceiling the better as it gives you a glass like finish to any surface and it gives you more time to put on more walls and ceilings and increases your productivity.
To change the attachments from sponge to trowel is easy as childs play. On rendered walls the sponge gives it a machine like finish.
The scratch disc for scratch render is a must have and can increase your meterage by 100% in comparison to conventional methods.''

''First hand apply it or spray material onto the designated area. Just at the right point attach the EPG sponge attachment to flattern the finish back with the sponge.
Once this step has been completed and you are ready to move on you should then attach the blades and trowel up using a fine water sprayer as and when the wall or ceiling becomes hard.''

it would appear he was using the sponge to flatten and the trowel disc to trowel up?

Harry

Hi refina,
i brought a power float from you last year and to be honest none of my guys use it.it dosnt float up anywhere near as well as we can by hand it might be good for sponge finish after a hand float tho.the black plastic float disk was warped so we never got to try that out but the worst thing is it dosnt have a water injector so you have to have someone follow with a hose and sprayer to wet the wall up its hot over here so we need water to float with but it does make a good door stop :)
cheers

P.S i think "harry" below works at refina?

Hi refina,
i brought a power float from you last year and to be honest none of my guys use it.it dosnt float up anywhere near as well as we can by hand it might be good for sponge finish after a hand float tho.the black plastic float disk was warped so we never got to try that out but the worst thing is it dosnt have a water injector so you have to have someone follow with a hose and sprayer to wet the wall up its hot over here so we need water to float with but it does make a good door stop :)
cheers

P.S i think "harry" below works at refina?

How do you cope with 45c temperatures? We have it hard in the cold but over 25c outside must just as difficult.

were using renders with additives mixed in to slow set times down but when the sun's on the wall you have to move sponge finish is the worst have to keep up so dont get joins as for acrylics start early!!

cheers for that feedback camnz, although not really that positive as we would usually hope, the negative is also appreciated.

I believe our supplier is working on a water feed to go with it so that would solve that problem, as for the rest I dont really know!

I shall pass all the info on to my boss so he can get back to the supplier.

haha i wont tell him don't worry, but i cant help if he reads it. Unfortunately we stock the backing pads with the velcro already on, so would have to fork out for the entire thing. Might be easier and cheaper for you to just find some sticky back velcro and pop that on and hope he doesn't notice?

just re read your post.... did you mean the sponge attachments? or just the velcro bit on the green backing pad? in which case ignore this post.

Yeah sorry mr Refina I completely forgot about reviewing it. I did say I would. Hopefully Stuart will leave some info also as he's already losing parts!!

but to be swift, the float attachment is pretty good on CPI and hardwall, as is the sponge attachment. The spiked float makes scratching mono a lot easier also. I know a few guys really like it on basecoats for thin coat also.

Overall a good machine if you do the sort of work that it would be useful on. Not too heavy. Not expensive compared to some other makes. Just takes some donkey work out. Only bad points are the Velcro isn't stuck strong enough, as Stuart has proven. And the replacement pads are maybe a little expensive. If anyone wants any more info pm me. And I'll pm you Stuart's number :)

Haha, no problem about the review nick. That little bit of info there will do, and yeah if you don't mind giving us a bit on info on how/when/where you use it Stuart that would also be appreciated. Since you owe nick now anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.