refina plazzie

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first refina plastic trowel yesterday and have given it a whirl.
Looking back over old threads on the forum with regards to best practise when using a plastic float and picked up a general idea.
But then I got to thinking if some of the one coat wonders strayed onto the forum and started reading about spreads going over their work more than once they would think they were in gaga land.
long live proper plasterers !!

jury is out so far. seems to do the trick but doing 3 good size ceilings tommorow so will be giving it a reet good mauling.

I'm already on my second blade after numbnuts me dropped it and split the front. Going to make a handle for it and have myself a spare shorter plassy lol

Are they any good ? Am not fussed about the blade nikn,jus want to know if there's a advantage to them on multi finish ?

easier on the arms, for one, and leaves a nice uniform finish, plus hardly or no water when trowelling up

easier on the arms, for one, and leaves a nice uniform finish, plus hardly or no water when trowelling up

Cmon we strong in the arm thick in the head.

Just curious why the plastic is having that effect , especially when it comes to adding lubrication lol...easy haha.

some used to say the same about whisks, "i don't need one of them i have my plunger and will always use it !"

used mine for a couple of days now and 1st impressions are good. however I could do with a little advice on best practice for removing little niks that appear very easily. fine grade glass paper, wet and dry or oilstone?

used mine for a couple of days now and 1st impressions are good. however I could do with a little advice on best practice for removing little niks that appear very easily. fine grade glass paper, wet and dry or oilstone?
Surform :RpS_thumbsup:

Rite I've ordered a 1200 speed skim jobby and a plastic 18" plaziflex so if they are shite someone on here owes me £60

Rite I've ordered a 1200 speed skim jobby and a plastic 18" plaziflex so if they are shite someone on here owes me £60
Give them a good try don't just use them once end think they are sheite! the speed skim flattens well but round the corners with some fine wet and dry. the plazzi will take loner to get used to and again make sure you have some fine wet and dry to hand. And when you first use them start on smaller areas until you get your eye in unlike me who first time used them on a 40m2 hit and ended up back with the trusty trowel and chasing my arse :RpS_lol:

good luck,get back to us with your honest result..............very curious
The result is in. The plaziflex is brilliant cant believe I lived with out it go out and get one NOW but I wasn't to keen on the speed skim maybe the walls I was doing weren't big enough I was only doing a small bathroom today

The result is in. The plaziflex is brilliant cant believe I lived with out it go out and get one NOW but I wasn't to keen on the speed skim maybe the walls I was doing weren't big enough I was only doing a small bathroom today

Lay on and finish ?.

No I layed down with my faithful marshaltown then used it

Gotcha mate.

I think thats the best way to use them.Ive seen vids and heard of peeps laying on with them as well, but i'm thinking thats a faster way of fooking the blade up ?.

Did you get same size as your usual trowel ?....price ?.

Gotcha mate.

I think thats the best way to use them.Ive seen vids and heard of peeps laying on with them as well, but i'm thinking thats a faster way of fooking the blade up ?.

Did you get same size as your usual trowel ?....price ?.
No mate my trowel is 14 and I got a 16 blade there prity similar

result by the sounds of it !!!!!!! as it happens i used my speed skim for the first time today on new walls and ceiling and thought it was the dogs b*ll***s, pretty easy to use. suppose i gotta get a plazzi now:RpS_scared:. is it alot easier on the body steve?

Status
Not open for further replies.