Refina Plastic trowel

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Al just set this plastic fantastic away and seen what happens then lads

Im betting you'll like it, feels a little strange in the hand at first and a damn sight lighter because it doesnt drag. But, once you get over it you'll love it.

Don't want to be a stick in the mud there mint but I've been through 3 blades 2 snapped on the toe with the pressure and I've gone back to using a normal trowel now the nicks drive you mental

I just don't see the big fuss with them. Tried it several times and I find it no better than a trowel. Maybe I'm using it wrong...

I used mine for flattening render and competely ****** the edge.

It was great when new on finish, how do you get the edge back....dry trowelling finish?

i tried sandpaper but that made it worse.

The flat of the blade is scratched to fu.ck too.

I sawed the edge into a board and it came back a bit, then I kept on using it through the set and it got slightly better but I dont have much hope for it.

I might have to just use it for spanking the misses when she disobeys. :RpS_angry:

i dnt think my one is any better than a cheapy plazi i bought, that one i sent you the link to spunk. although the refina is better for flattening when really wet but my old barton is better for final finishing

i just use a 14x4 and a splash of water and it seems to do the trick i did have a play with a plazzi flexi and although it was very light i just didnt like it and im sure they are good but im not gonna be getting one

lube it with petroleum jelly mate, what size did you go for?

Sounds like your buying a dildo:RpS_lol: when are you going to learn the plasterers trowel was perfected many many years a go plastic trowels are just eye candy will not be about in 5 years.

Sounds like your buying a dildo:RpS_lol: when are you going to learn the plasterers trowel was perfected many many years a go plastic trowels are just eye candy will not be about in 5 years.

henry you need to accept that plasterers are now at the cutting edge of technology and you need to embrace this. the plastic fantastic is the future. ( am still keeping my steel just incase).......:RpS_thumbsup:

You are wrong. i was going to type an explanation as to why but I am too drunk.

henry you need to accept that plasterers are now at the cutting edge of technology and you need to embrace this. the plastic fantastic is the future. ( am still keeping my steel just incase).......:RpS_thumbsup:

The cutting edge of technology?........no mate.

Ive used a plastic trowel for 15 years now i would never buy one though theyre too simple to make!!!

Bought myself one of those plazy trowels from refina last week, was looking at em in the hire shop i use when i went to get a gas heater. Gotta say i rather like em for flatting and wet trowel. Find i only have to do one wet then a dry. Brings the fat up a lot quicker than steel. I was quite suprised, i thought they'd be gash.
That said id like to see em round the rear corners of the metal blad insert and maybe put some grooves down from the corner of where it sits towards the rear of the trowel to make it easier to remove.
Other n that quite happy with my purchase :RpS_thumbup:

What do you guys think of em?

ive seen them on ebay and on site thinks,im gunna get one know cheers

Well , I was fairly impressed with the one we brought, until the sun warped it yesterday, now it just a piece of S**t

I think you could get a piece of plastic and make them yourself.Much cheaper.

To be honest, we dabbled out of curiosity. It did not do anything for us.

Verdict. We are sticking to metal.

They definitely have their uses though.

Today for instance, I reskimmed a wall that really needed a bag of bonding on it and the plastic did a real nice job on it whereas my steel trowel was digging in all over.

Sound I've got 4500m of hardwall coming up I might just try skimming it and using a plastic trowel

Today for instance, I reskimmed a wall that really needed a bag of bonding on it and the plastic did a real nice job on it whereas my steel trowel was digging in all over.

so basically to bodge a shitty wall, use a shitty tool?

And that's exactly why I don't rate them for anything other than finishing Thistle Spray Finish, I don't want a trowel that will ride over any dodgy shapes, I want a trowel that will get the wall flat.

, I don't want a trowel that will ride over any dodgy shapes, I want a trowel that will get the wall flat.

You are correct, but sometimes it's near impossible I'm sure you'll agree.

After a few weeks with it I think this: 1st, 2nd coat and flatten with steel, then 2 wets and dry with plastic.

I'm still trying to find it's niche, it does have one.

I feel that the sponge should be stronger in compression and the plastic 20% more rigid. Then like you say, it would take the shapes out of the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.