refina mm30

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo

looking to get a new drill been advised this the best.. never do site work is it worth it for solely domestic work?

drills are drills mate and there the best, if youre not mixing backing coats i'd still get a refina drill but you wont need anything too powerfull

if i was doing purely domestic and alot of skimming i'd get a good cordless 24v drill

the smaller one will be fine mate, i'd seriously consider a cordless i had a 18v erbauer drill 2.0ah nicad batts and would do 3-4 buckets of skim and charge the batteries between sets, youve got not transformer and no leads to trip over and set up

the thing is mate you dont know where your be in a years time so if you buy something that can handle everything then you dont need to replace it if you did start doing some large jobs that needed it.

what the cordless?.....we do alot more than 4 bags on site and jordan dropped the charger in a bucket of water ;D

id get the 1800 everytime regardless of what i was doing. a bigger motor should last longer. dont forget every1 always has a labourer that chucks too much dusk in and the tub spins round and u have to overwork the drill to get the gear moving again etc. plus like simps said u never no what ull need it for a yr or 2 down the line

I got the 1800watt one .... brill bit of kit. Had it 6 years or so and no problems at all. In fact on friday I mixed up over half a ton of up210 with it and do so on a regular basis

does it go off quicker ......if its left on the spot it tends to pick up a bit quicker than traditional sand cement, were floating thermo's mate soo i wouldnt really no

Why not go for the mm29 still got the 1800w motor but it's £80 cheaper it's only 1 speed though but says it's good for finishing plaster.

can you spray cpi general purpose 20mm for outside renders or does it have to be the one coat stuff

Cpi told me once that u could do it in 2 paases same day but he said that was unoficially. So theres no point in doin that if it goes wrong and for another pound a bag you may aswell go weber ocr

I am spraying 3 houses with old stone walls so will be 3 passes to bring it out to wheres needed.

each wall will get 2 passes the same day then left to fully cure before the final pass

rich have you any idea of the coverage for a bag?? Im ordering for 110m2 at 15mm or so tomorrow, will one bag do a metre cos there's no wastage ie scraping off etc?

Yeah one bag will do 1 m2 at 15mm goody make sure the access is good cause it gets delivered by taillift and pallet truck

Any render delivery guys are a nightmare. They expect you to be on site even though they can't give you a time and they don't want to get it anywhere near the actual job. Phaaa

mm30 all the way iv got 40bags of hardwall too mix lay on next week defo ill be getting it out

Status
Not open for further replies.