Recommendations for thin coat render with smooth finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbazi

Hi All. First post to this forum. Im a builder doing timber frame new build with a green oak frame. The architect has specified a sand/cement render at the clients request. I am slightly concerned about cracking as green oak is prone to moving a lot. I am thinking that a thin coat render will be more flexible. Can anyone recommend a product that will produce a smooth finish as close to sand cement as possible. Thanks

Welcome along bud your on the right lines with a thi coat system,one of the full time renderers will be along with some advice soon.

Put it this way we hacked off a render on timber frame and replaced it with a thincoat system. And they hadnt even finished the job.

I would recommend a render board and thincoat system with a 1.5mm texture finish

Yes as above but you want flat? I do not know of a thin coat system suitable for being left flat and smooth. Most have some kind lf coating and a coating that has some flex in it.

Hi All. First post to this forum. Im a builder doing timber frame new build with a green oak frame. The architect has specified a sand/cement render at the clients request. I am slightly concerned about cracking as green oak is prone to moving a lot. I am thinking that a thin coat render will be more flexible. Can anyone recommend a product that will produce a smooth finish as close to sand cement as possible. Thanks

Welcome along :D

Been a long time but I think I've settled on a product that will satisfy my clients smooth render obsession. We are using Marmorit Conni s 1mm. I've seen a large sample and think it will work well. I'll update when the job is finished.

Been a long time but I think I've settled on a product that will satisfy my clients smooth render obsession. We are using Marmorit Conni s 1mm. I've seen a large sample and think it will work well. I'll update when the job is finished.
Yes let us know how it goes

Conni is good gear, one of the best out there, just make sure the base is spot on as 1mm will show up any imperfections.

Status
Not open for further replies.