Recessions over

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poles say its a recession when you're queing for bread, England is so lucky that the foreign investment is feeding this revival but obviously it's not helping everyone, ironically the english no longer own this country or any major industry or sporting organisations ,travel ,power etcisalll foreign owned,

That's always the problem though, there are people who benefits and charities help in genuine time of need. They end up getting shafted because others take everything they can lay their hands on.

Housing benefit, job seekers allowance, disability benefit, and so the list goes on. Every one of them designed to help people through tough times, and they've all been cut because they've been abused and now there's no money left. So those that need it most will loose out at a time of greatest need through no fault of theirs.

The poles say its a recession when you're queing for bread, England is so lucky that the foreign investment is feeding this revival but obviously it's not helping everyone, ironically the english no longer own this country or any major industry or sporting organisations ,travel ,power etcisalll foreign owned,

True enough, and a pretty good illustration of Karma, cosmic justice, or god having a right laugh depending on your point of view. I wonder how many people in how many countries have said over the years "Nothing's [name a country] owned anymore. Ever since the British invaded/helped/fought/annexed they've been taking everything over and we work for them now."

True enough, and a pretty good illustration of Karma, cosmic justice, or god having a right laugh depending on your point of view. I wonder how many people in how many countries have said over the years "Nothing's [name a country] owned anymore. Ever since the British invaded/helped/fought/annexed they've been taking everything over and we work for them now."
So much Chinese,Russian money coming in,these are serious investors along with the eurozone millionaires ,London is where it's at,

2016 is going to be a very difficult year and will get worse, government cut backs, heating bills and fuel and food all to go up in price, people are apprehensive and scared about losing there jobs and quite rightly will be cutting back on spending, simply not enough work out there and to many plasterers and joiners/electricians who think they can plaster after these jobs, ...... but the one main thing next year on top of all this is that intrest rates will go up more certain than ever before, scary times ahead

There will never be peace or cure for cancer or free renewable energy it dont make money.Same as most of the world will always struggle its the way it has always been .Recession is a word that sounds the start of their harvest.best you can do is carve a life amongst it and not live beyond your means. Wolfy smith tooting popular front

In a lot of cases that's because of a failure to prioritise. My wife works at a primary school in a 'deprived' area. Nearly all on free school meals, quite a few use food banks. Yet the kids all have mobile phones, expensive brand trainers and clothes, parents spending on drugs and fags, games consoles, huge TVs and so on. In other words they're spending more on that tat than we are yet we have a decent household income. The difference being we work according to the money available and not the want list.

They're not bad people, just thick.

I know that there are people using food banks through no fault of their own. I also know that there are people using them because they are 'entitled' to have all the latest electronics and clothes. If that doesn't leave enough money for food then they use food banks and shoplift.

As for the recession, I'm old enough to have seen three including this one. The one in the '70s when I was a kid was way worse than this in every respect. The one in the '80s was at least as bad, although I started my apprenticeship during it. There will be others in the future, just as there will be good times. Some people will be hammered, some will get by, and others will do well. That's how life works.

I think a lot of people have the world owes me I'm entitled to everything problem. But plebs and credit make companies a lot of money

I went to retail park today on the way home from work and it was rammed,that was at 3pm and I was thinking its always like that even early in the day and Asda is the same its been like that as long as remember,l was saying to myself doesn't any f**k*r work,yes there's a recession but people are still spending but not on their homes

I can't believe the number of men I see taking their kids to school. Get ******* jobs, you pooftas.

Everyone I know and deal with in construction big outfits, one man bands are busy and making money, we're turning good paying projects away because we're stacked out. I'm struggling to get renderers at good money. Year on year food prices are dropping especially with compotition from aldi etc, Inflation is at an all time low, oil has never been as cheapin recent years, diesels dropped nearly 15% since this time last year, Interest rates are at an all time low, the euro against the pound is at the best rate in as long as I can remember and to top it all off its nearly Christmas.
My point is suck it up, soon people are just born doom merchants.

A bit of positive thinking never did any harm :RpS_cool:.
hector has got form tho on the doom merchant out look. And of course interest rates are going to go up, they can only go one way can't they. But Why worry about what's going to happen 2015, 2016, live for the now.

I can't believe the number of men I see taking their kids to school. Get ******* jobs, you pooftas.
I take mine when I can, atleast twice a week and most of the guys I see there have work gear on, I work with another lad who can't believe I Do it but he hasn't any kids so won't understand.

I take mine when I can, atleast twice a week and most of the guys I see there have work gear on, I work with another lad who can't believe I Do it but he hasn't any kids so won't understand.

I also take mine and pick them up when need be couple of times a week, misses has gone back to work so case of having to, breakfast club @ 7:30am and after school club till 5:30, nightmare in the mornings but needs must I suppose..

I was in a place called Helmsley this year approx. 20 miles from York, there was a bank being renovated into a hairdressers and the plasterers were in , I went along introduced myself and got talking to them, he told me him and his brother employed 5 men and were booked solid for next 7 months, and like owls turning work down,bottom line is this York,leeds,scarborough,hull are all big cities and within relatively close proximity never mind all the small market towns in the area, York was booming everywhere was busy , he told me if he works in leeds he charges 190.00 a day, and he gets it, this part of Yorkshire Harrogate included owls is a very affluent prosperous area, a lot of money and investment taking place,i live in Carlisle out in the sticks nearest big city is Newcastle 54 miles away, its a different world here, so while I am genuinely pleased that you are busy and I sincerely mean that, look at the bigger picture first, and sit and think and appreciate how lucky you are to live in such a prosperous area, as there are plasterers up and down the country are very quiet and like me see things in a different way,...... anyhoooooo rant over,...... while I was in Helmsley I got offered 2 weeks work in Rotherham and the plasterer in Helmsley asked me if I could help him for a few days, I was on holiday but I did put 1 handboard full of sand and cement on for him

I think we are coming out of it, I think iv done ok to set up on my own which I did in 2012 and made it work, it has been hard and taken a lot of time and money but you get out of life what you put in, in this game anyway, I just wish I had the options available to me that were available in the early 00's regarding house buying.

saying that I worked for a women whose husband took a punt on Venetian and plunged 15-20k into and it went tits up in 2009, never took off, poor sod took his own life.

people seem to forget at times how good we have it in this country, we have the best materials (apart from multi) work with pretty new technology, it's not that bad, after all the hype I heard about New Zealand and how the grass was so much greener I was never as grateful to land in Manchester to grey skies and back to Blighty.

Money is moving, at a slower pace with people who are skint but it's starting to move none the less.

I was in a place called Helmsley this year approx. 20 miles from York, there was a bank being renovated into a hairdressers and the plasterers were in , I went along introduced myself and got talking to them, he told me him and his brother employed 5 men and were booked solid for next 7 months, and like owls turning work down,bottom line is this York,leeds,scarborough,hull are all big cities and within relatively close proximity never mind all the small market towns in the area, York was booming everywhere was busy , he told me if he works in leeds he charges 190.00 a day, and he gets it, this part of Yorkshire Harrogate included owls is a very affluent prosperous area, a lot of money and investment taking place,i live in Carlisle out in the sticks nearest big city is Newcastle 54 miles away, its a different world here, so while I am genuinely pleased that you are busy and I sincerely mean that, look at the bigger picture first, and sit and think and appreciate how lucky you are to live in such a prosperous area, as there are plasterers up and down the country are very quiet and like me see things in a different way,...... anyhoooooo rant over,...... while I was in Helmsley I got offered 2 weeks work in Rotherham and the plasterer in Helmsley asked me if I could help him for a few days, I was on holiday but I did put 1 handboard full of sand and cement on for him

affluent area or not ive had it hard, late 2008 early 2009 I lost the lot everything went over night, contracts dried up lads laid off, 30 grand car to no car and just kept my house by the skin of my teeth, I didn't sit around and moan I went and did van driving to earn a crust. i then started again and built it back up.
as led zep said ''good times, bad times you know ive had my share''

I'm talking about men in non work attire.

I use to walk round town centers in the week and think work shy planks... then thought hang on I here....

The front page of tomorrows daily fail will spark some talk in this thread I suspect.

Apparently were importing foreign workers again because of the lack of bricklayers with skills in this country and guess what else.. They are demanding a grand a week which the mail claim is an outrageous double what they should be on claiming 100 quid to be the normal wage for a bricky.

Seems a lot of people somehow forget that recession wages were not normal rates but still a lot expect the work for these prices still

Everyone I know and deal with in construction big outfits, one man bands are busy and making money, we're turning good paying projects away because we're stacked out. I'm struggling to get renderers at good money. Year on year food prices are dropping especially with compotition from aldi etc, Inflation is at an all time low, oil has never been as cheapin recent years, diesels dropped nearly 15% since this time last year, Interest rates are at an all time low, the euro against the pound is at the best rate in as long as I can remember and to top it all off its nearly Christmas.
My point is suck it up, soon people are just born doom merchants.

So true, some people are just born negative/pessimistic, and complain about everything and anything, appreciate nothing.

These are toxic people to be around.

Replaced watchin the news and a lot of evening TV by watching tony Robbins a lot on YouTube.. You can learn a lot from these guys

Daily mail inciting divide and conquer... Usual rubbish to create divisions and animosity

I'm clearing £2k a day doing 20 bags @ £100 a bag........ Isn't everyone?

Would be great that spreadies earn £1000! - 4 grand in a month !

Why would you want lower rate? :RpS_blink: I don't imagine @Nisus would be very happy with a drop like that! Next you'll be suggesting he works six hours in a day too. :RpS_sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking to a lad today who I used to work with ,he went to a site where they're building 2&3 bedroom houses ,2 bedroom house ..£570 it takes 19bags of finish and 9 bags of dab...**** that he said and he's a good young spread

it was on radio five today. had a bricky on there saying he had to get foreigners in cos the english didnt have the skills. blokes turning uou with nvqs that didnt have a clue and lasted a few days :huh:

it was on radio five today. had a bricky on there saying he had to get foreigners in cos the english didnt have the skills. blokes turning uou with nvqs that didnt have a clue and lasted a few days :huh:

Same old. You can complete and nvq in anything and not know what you are doing at the end of it.

The control should be with the employers on an apprenticeship to decide when the apprentice is ready

Would be great that spreadies earn £1000! - 4 grand in a month !

Ryan can you stop saying feckin Spreadie please?!?!
cause it makes me punch the screen everytime you say it. :RpS_cursing:

If you say it again I'll do something I said I would never ever do.................I'll go to Grimsby :-0 yes that's right I'll go to Grimsby & I'll slap you with a big wet fish till you stop saying feckin Spreadie!!!! :RpS_cursing:

Then afterwards you can show me your mouldings & make me a nice cup of herbal tea :RpS_drool:

Regards,

Dr Nisus

x

Status
Not open for further replies.