Receiver coat over dashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyboy

Hi guys
got a dashing job yo do, the existing dashing is solid so we going to over dash it , would you apply a receiver coat directly over the dashing in two passes ( let the 1st one pull in a bit before the 2nd coat ) or would you let the 1st coat set and scratch it before you apply second coat next day

I'd be thinking.........why am I risking putting the weight of four coats of render/dash onto a wall.

The customer won't pay it have it knocked of , I could get away with one good coat but thought it might be better to give it a tight coat first , if I let it set and scratch it would there be suction for the second coat

I think K-rend do a light weight receiver for dry dash that is designed to go straight over old dash. If it's wet dash I would put the butter coat over the old dash and dash on the same day.

put water proofer in the scratch coat and if need be hose down before putting on second coat and dashing,, ps i always put lime in my top coat when pebble dashing

put water proofer in the scratch coat and if need be hose down before putting on second coat and dashing,, ps i always put lime in my top coat when pebble dashing

Wasn't going to use traditional sand and cement ,was thinking a pre bagged receiver

Thanks for the advice guys , will pass it on to my lads. Unfortunately I have to catch a plane to Thailand this evening . Wish I could stay home finish the dashing job ,

Bon voyage brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.