Really upset with my rendered house...

Sicskate

Our house was rendered today whilst I was at work, I've just got home and where it's been raining the new wetherby silicone render is just dripping off the house onto my new door.

The guy is very apologetic, but I just can't shake this mood now ☹️
IMG_20191126_171949.jpg

When did he apply the top coat?
Scratch that just realised you said he did it today, what a nob head for texturing in this weather I hope it all washes off and costs him a fortune putting it right. Why is there no door or floor protection down either?? Chirpy chirpy cheap cheap

It was top coated today, rain is forecasted all night...

I just don't know why they would have done it when it's clearly not idea weather.

I haven't paid anything yet thank god!

Is this salvageable, or will they have to remove and replace it?

Scratch that just realised you said he did it today, what a nob head for texturing in this weather I hope it all washes off and costs him a fortune putting it right. Why is there no door or floor protection down either?? Chirpy chirpy cheap cheap
Wasn't cheap at all ☹️

I just don't know why they would have done it when it's clearly not idea weather.

I once top coated a gable end in the rain.

Came back next day and the customers house had fallen down

Where there any discussions between you and renderer.

I still do t understand why he’d even entertain the idea of texturing knowing the conditions that we have over the next few days.

They probably did it to get the money off the job Is the only conclusion I can think of.

It can be salvaged but will obviously depend on the extent of the wash off, we was instructed by site hierarchy to texture a few years back on a Friday when they knew it was p1ssing down all weekend, got to site Monday morning and all that was left on was onset the extended sills so in that case it was Easier to scrape those bits off and redo that way.

Who’s paid for the materials you or them?

The problem is because it involves using a mixer, handboarf & trowel plasterers think they will take to it like ducks to water.

The difference between being a good skimmer and renderer is night & day!

100% which is the reason I’ve never bothered with it. Id need a good Year with a decent renderer to pick it up
I reckon.

Truthfully you would need much much longer, to come across all the variables in products, finishes and weather climate issues etc.

5 - 10 years doing it full time imo!
Same as internals really if you want to learn every aspect

Truthfully you would need much much longer, to come across all the variables in products, finishes and weather climate issues etc.

5 - 10 years doing it full time imo!

Was thining s&c. But yeah can imagine it taking along time

Silicone bucket coats is what you want to be learning if your going to start late in the day and just concentrate on 1 manufacturer & system.

Monos not fit for uk climate imo and S&C went out with black jacking damp walls in the 70s.