Reaching ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys use to reach your ceiling wen scaffolding out not including the smart arses who can use stilts :RpS_drool: something av always wanted to be able to use but a fat woman tilting for a cake has better balance than me so wat do you lads use:RpS_thumbsup:

Depends how high the ceiling is an what kinda area your doing, iron men trestles, steps, battens ,a matamarra is handy too? But usually my stilts:flapper:

Am not asking for a job mate a use trestles with battens my self or hop ups if the ceiling small was just gettin a idea off wat others use n you obv hav better balance than me lucky **** ha

iron men?? you have robert downey jr at work with you surley you mean bandstands fatarm, but again i use stilts

I use a willow light shade or a storm drain.......FFs what do you think people use anyone who needs a full scaffold or trestles and plank the whole ceiling should take up plumbing

jesus lad just a question dont **** yourself just cause a cant walk on stilts am not aloud to plaster ha it was just a thread to see what other people do a do it my way and it works so stop balling

Nothing to do with walking on stilts and again if you're using full scaffolds or trestles and planks you are more than likely a **** plasterer

Stilts are quicker, prefer scaff boards but a lot of fecking about to and from the job, again all depends on the height of ceiling.

wats it about them you just on the blob and fancy a rant chill out man if the ceilings small then a just use a hop up and move it around if its big then trestles and boards are needed so am a plumber yeah defo mate

alot of people plank the room out, what about cross trowling the ceiling? how can you do that with out stilts or planking the room out.

FFS i've been doing ceilings off a pair of B&Q 4 tread stepladders for as long as i can remember. If the ceiling is low i use a Irn bru crate. I believe the english term would be POP crate :RpS_laugh:

BEER crates Casper. And tomorrow i'll be doing a couple of ceilings off a hop-up, about 30M :RpS_thumbup:

usually just jump on the labbys shoulders for small ceilings or strap about 3 beer crates high, then strap them around my feet, home made stilts when the labbys not in, work much better than skywalkers etc.

for high ceilings i ask my mate to come around with his forklift truck and he raises the forks and i put my gear on one of the forks and he drives me around while i lay on much quicker than scaffold.

but in all seriousness...take your pick of all the 3-4 options logically there is too use haha

Status
Not open for further replies.