Re training

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking lately that theres got to be an easier way to make money rather than plastering. Just spent the whole weekend doing a loft conversion where the only water supply was downstairs toilet and house was carpeted throughout with family still living there, absolute nightmare of a job. Twelve hour shift on a Saturday while everyone else is out getting pissed, off my head.
I know the feeling!ive been doing a kitchen out today and the customer is a knob!the type who stands there all day watching you and moaning!then I come home open a bottle of red and now missus moaning to get rid of left over plaster board from job in our house!my van is rammed starting new job tomorrow wtf am I supposed to do lol

I know that feeling well and done it many times, I especially hate lofts being tall, that said though I have done the same shift you have described , the only comfort is that you are ( or at least should be) getting well paid for it. I hope this was the case for you
Job was priced off drawings but when we got there it was a mess, thought it was all plasterboard but the walls in the house were so bad with the builders doing work they just crumpled so a lot had to be stripped back and floated. Meeting qs tomorrow to sort out new price but he's brand new and knows how much extra was in it.

Job was priced off drawings but when we got there it was a mess, thought it was all plasterboard but the walls in the house were so bad with the builders doing work they just crumpled so a lot had to be stripped back and floated. Meeting qs tomorrow to sort out new price but he's brand new and knows how much extra was in it.

best of luck with it bud, sounds like you earned your dollar that day :RpS_thumbup:

Iv completed the citb site managers smsts course, and hold a first aid certificate. Soon as I start struggling on the tools im straight in the office to become one of those hated site agents lol.

Well done pal getting your card but unfortunatley it wont get you a job as a site manager, this is just a health and safety card like the cscs card, you also need an NVQ in construction management to even be considered for a role as a site manager, i suggest you contact your local college and enrol you will be able to get a student loan to cover the fee

Status
Not open for further replies.