Re render whole house 270m2

Staff online

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Alright lads need a bit of advice really. Been asked to render a house for a builder I use, but they house has pebble dash on at min about 40 yrs old I would of thought, I told customer to remove back to block work and start again, however he is almost insisting I should just render over the top of pebbledash. To be fair the current dash is SOILD as hell but I'm not keen on idea. What's your thoughts? Anyone done this? He just wants flat s&c Finnish

painted is the main one? if not sbr scud it. scratch it with mesh in it perhaps, leave to cure for a week, then float it, but give him the warning of NO GUARANTEE. if its painted speak to the parex parinther people,, ps ask him if he is interested in the EWI

Na not painted lads, yea told him I can't guarantee it unless took back to blockwork, so you think mesh like use with k rend? I also thought about 3 coats as need to get beads spot on and the current render is abit all over.

pressure wash the whole outside down, get rid of all old dirt and any loose stuff, scud it all with a slurry mix of 3 and 1 sand cement with sbr in the mix.i would use both fibres 3mm in the mix, (2 handfuls in first coat per mixer load) and render mesh, make the first coat 5/1 sand to cement with waterproofer, two scratch coats if needed but one should do, get it nice and flat and the beads set in, second coat at 6/1/1 sand cement lime with half the amount of fibres, this second is min of five days after the first,, good luck with the weather..

pressure wash the whole outside down, get rid of all old dirt and any loose stuff, scud it all with a slurry mix of 3 and 1 sand cement with sbr in the mix.i would use both fibres 3mm in the mix, (2 handfuls in first coat per mixer load) and render mesh, make the first coat 5/1 sand to cement with waterproofer, two scratch coats if needed but one should do, get it nice and flat and the beads set in, second coat at 6/1/1 sand cement lime with half the amount of fibres, this second is min of five days after the first,, good luck with the weather..

Thanks a lot buddy weather is starting to get there so fingers crossed

weather is not great here either, others may give you better advice, best of luck anyway, ps do you know a john king plasterer in swindon...

There is shite loads of spreads in swindon these days, use to be about 7 in merchants in am nowadays can't keep count of them all. How you know him bud? You worked round this area?

Alright lads need a bit of advice really. Been asked to render a house for a builder I use, but they house has pebble dash on at min about 40 yrs old I would of thought, I told customer to remove back to block work and start again, however he is almost insisting I should just render over the top of pebbledash. To be fair the current dash is SOILD as hell but I'm not keen on idea. What's your thoughts? Anyone done this? He just wants flat s&c Finnish

If you've got enough work and you can't do it the way you would like ,walk away .

The builders insturcting him to do it? And why's everyone infatuated with giving it a bonding coat when it doesn't need one?

If that is what he wants ,that is up to you if you want to take that risk ,but when it all goes wrong i find these sort of people have a very bad memory ,it,s your job and your name on it ,best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.