Re-plastering inside a house, do I need to use insulated boards?

Members online

jjjack

Hi all,

I'm currently renovating a house that's roughly 250 years old, it's got 12 inch thick solid stone walls and the street is in a conservation area. I've had building control round to inspect a beam for a separate job and they mentioned about re-plastering (they saw all the walls back to stone) and needing insulated boards on the external walls.

After scouring the building regs and various forums and websites I'm 95% sure that being in a conservation area means we don't have to put the insulated boards on unless we want to, but I'm just looking for someone with a bit more knowledge to back me up or tell me why I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.

why would you buy a 250 year old house with 12" thick solid stone walls and then cover them with brand new flat modern insulation boards and destroy the character of the building?
might as well of just bought a new build pal

My house is conservation. Might be different where you are but ours is for the preservation of the external appearance. Can do what you want internally

Pay no attention to the first response as he's retired and past it now

I suggest you leave the stone on show and buy a jumper

Or you could use insulating breathable render

I suggest you leave the stone on show and buy a jumper
Happy Fresh Prince Of Bel Air GIF

Hi all,

I'm currently renovating a house that's roughly 250 years old, it's got 12 inch thick solid stone walls and the street is in a conservation area. I've had building control round to inspect a beam for a separate job and they mentioned about re-plastering (they saw all the walls back to stone) and needing insulated boards on the external walls.

After scouring the building regs and various forums and websites I'm 95% sure that being in a conservation area means we don't have to put the insulated boards on unless we want to, but I'm just looking for someone with a bit more knowledge to back me up or tell me why I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Yes