re plastering after damp proofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack1987

howdy, i know this has bin covered plenty but jus thort id ask anyways. my birds mam has got rising damp in her house n ive jus started hacking off rede for the damp proof company to inject. after they've bin, my plan was to clean any salts off the bricks with a brick cleaner and then patch it all in with dri-coat ( leaving inch or two from the floor) and then re skim the whole of the two rooms. does this sound bout right to u lot? ive re plastered after damp proof before but tht was when i was working for someone during my apprencticeship. open to other suggestions/advice. cheers

Sounds good, but are the company doin the inject happy to give a guarantee. with you doin the plastetwork ??

yeh they seem to be,give it a 30 year guarentee and offer a 20 year guarantee through insurance incase they go bust or summin its still covered. maybe he'll give me a spec to work to after theyve injected.

have i got to wait a certain amount of time after theyve injected before re plastering to allow the walls to dry out?

make sure you stick to there re=plastering spec or they could use that against you if it fails.......i normally use an anti-sluphate solution to kill the salts then use dri-coat/ renovating plaster......you can re-plaster soon as the injection is finished, no need to wait

cheers artisan, bloke sed if they do the injection and then re plaster they would use renovating plaster, ill probs use dri-coat as merchants near me sell tht. can use render but have to add waterproofer/salt inhibtor etc from what i know.

Injection is a load of bxxxxxxs anyway,funny how these damp co guarantee the injection but never the re plastering ,I wonder why:rolleyes). How long does it take to send someone back to re-inject,2/3hours max,perhaps I'm too cynical.

cheers artisan, bloke sed if they do the injection and then re plaster they would use renovating plaster, ill probs use dri-coat as merchants near me sell tht. can use render but have to add waterproofer/salt inhibtor etc from what i know.

Renovating/dri coat are better insulators than S&C which cant give you cold spots on the walls leading to condensation

make sure you stick to there re=plastering spec or they could use that against you if it fails.......i normally use an anti-sluphate solution to kill the salts then use dri-coat/ renovating plaster......you can re-plaster soon as the injection is finished, no need to wait

Arti what anti sulphate solution do you use prior to the Dricoat mate ??

Do you tank your walls arti before dri coat, I use render lite good gear never a problem.

Do you tank your walls arti before dri coat, I use render lite good gear never a problem.

sometimes......i tend to use renovating plaster rather than dri-coat. its nearly twice the price buts it better gear. that render lite looks pricey. whats it like to use? is it just like multi??

sometimes......i tend to use renovating plaster rather than dri-coat. its nearly twice the price buts it better gear. that render lite looks pricey. whats it like to use? is it just like multi??
How much are you paying for renovating plaster, I paid £12 for dri coat for 25kg

£18 +VAT.......dri-coat has got gypsum in it..............it doesnt say that on the tin but it has...............:RpS_wink:. thats why i use renovating plaster

£18 +VAT.......dri-coat has got gypsum in it..............it doesnt say that on the tin but it has...............:RpS_wink:. thats why i use renovating plaster
£22 a bucket, dont fancy doing a big lot with it, I miss the renovating plaster that was out a while ago but has since disappeared ,used to be great for patching and skimmable the same day..

what renovating plaster was that?? you have to leave renovating/dricoat 24 hrs before skimming it

Jack dont touch it coz you are the get out clause in their guarantee and i will give you a life time guarantee they will say that. If she hasent payed them do it all yourself, your doing 100% of the work coz what they are doing is a load of bollox.

what renovating plaster was that?? you have to leave renovating/dricoat 24 hrs before skimming it
It was quite like hardwall that we use nowadays, not like the renovating or dri coat plaster but it could be used on the inner face of external walls...

Jack dont touch it coz you are the get out clause in their guarantee and i will give you a life time guarantee they will say that. If she hasent payed them do it all yourself, your doing 100% of the work coz what they are doing is a load of bollox.

this way we need a magic section flynnymarra........................:RpS_thumbup:

Imagine going round to peoples houses injecting a few bricks and getting a few grand with NO come backs? woop woop "im not jokin im getting into this its a licence to print money" thats what i keep telling myself but the only thing thats stops me is, ive got a conciense and im far too honest, maybe why im broke :(

the best thing to do jack, is let the damp proof company inject the walls, then get them to put the sand and cement on, then you skim it all yourself, okay you are not saving agreat deal of money , but at least the guarantee stands, get a price from them first just to do the injection/sand and cement but no skimming, and another price asking to quote for skimming included.

coming tomorrow to inject so ill see what they gotta say bout it all,seemed a decent bloke. one of the walls is single skin of brick n u can feel the cold coming from it,rekon it be ok to give the wall a coat of dri-coat/renovating plaster then dab an insulated backed plasterboard onto tht?

coming tomorrow to inject so ill see what they gotta say bout it all,seemed a decent bloke. one of the walls is single skin of brick n u can feel the cold coming from it,rekon it be ok to give the wall a coat of dri-coat/renovating plaster then dab an insulated backed plasterboard onto tht?
What they charging for the magic?

dont go dabbing boards where you've dampproofed marra

Tht a no no then arty? 290 all in for these, damp co who r the one of the big boys rnd my way wanted 590 + vat, it's half the loung n half the dining room in a terrace

if you wanna board it then you'll have to frame the wall out etc......the moisture in the wall will come through the dabs onto the board if you just dab them on

I meant give the wall a Coat of renovating plaster then dab a board onto tht once dry. To be fair tho cost of the job is going up with the price of lime lite so don't think my birds mam will wanna fork out for the insulated plasterboard anyways.

Strange how damp rises up some of the walls but not others of the same construction in the same area.

Maybe they put a dpc in half of the building. :RpS_lol:

you should stump up and get the lot done pal! just coz the other walls arent damp now doesnt mean they wont get damp 6 months down the line and then you have to go back through the mess and cost again!

£22 a bucket, dont fancy doing a big lot with it, I miss the renovating plaster that was out a while ago but has since disappeared ,used to be great for patching and skimmable the same day..

I remember that good drop of gear but no good in damp areas. does the same as browning and sucks the damp in.bit like hsb made for high suction on old brickwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.