re- arranging

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

anyone else aving trouble with customers re arranging jobs till next year

had 2 fair size jobs now re arrange and book job other side of christmas after now deciding its to close to christmas
not as if the works gone just moved to next year just proper annoying :RpS_cursing:

Had this happen the other day. But it's just the way it is. Do you take deposist? Nothings guaranteed until a deposits taken often find customers say they need to hold off then never get back to me. Until I have a deposit paid into my bank then nothings set in stone as far as I am concerned.

www.michaeljadams.co.uk
Fibrous plaster mouldings.

The firm I work for won't book anything in until the client signs an acceptance form confirming they accept the quote and take deposit.

This makes the quote and acceptance a binding contract.
Also deposits are not refundable.

if you lived around our way and asked for a deposit and charged for a quote theyd laugh you out of the door theyd be thinking you was a rogue trader or something...

ps not saying your wrong mate good idea

It works both ways, i understand people are wary of handing over money before any work has started,but its not just cowboy builders, its cowboy customers too!

So a written quote, with terms on and deposit amount on. Both parties get a copy and ask for deposit to be paid by bank transfer or cheque. proving where it came from and where it went. safest way i can see.

A deposit or 'survey charge' would be acceptable for some aspects, but for everyday plastering you'll be lucky :RpS_thumbup:

I agree with the fibrous lads you may be making something nobody else will want and then the magic damp guys coz customers believe the trick ;) but everyday plastering like bubbles says not a chance.

25% upfront on all exterior works here. Almost covers materials and they can keep them if they change their minds.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Mate of mine does air con he just stuck over 35k of his own money in materials and labour on one job. I turned the plastering down as i dont trust the client. He must be mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.