Rates going back 20 years??

Members online

I'm down in Kent in a few week if anyone fancies meeting up? Bring your f**k**g tools with you tho

We were working for a large plastering firm in the early nineties in a hospital extension in Taunton during recession, hardwall and skim £2 per metre !!
Hard to believe now but there was no work around and lots of old school spreads (good ones) working to those rates. Every one was fighting to do corridors and we were wiping the hardwall on. !!

Thank fuk someone who's talked sense .early nineties we got £2.40 off mansells

20 yrs ago I'm sure I was getting £4.50 m2 float n set and bonus a bucket of coal for the fire if worked Saturday :cool:
Oh well back to them ceilings n walls so I can fek off home for my Friday chicken shish kebob for tea. :coffe:

Hardwall in nursing homes just over 20 years ago I'm sure was about £2.80. I assumed the middle men were sucking all the profit out and I was right when 5 years later it was £9.50 from the main contractor.
I had to jump through hoops mind.

Hardwall in nursing homes just over 20 years ago I'm sure was about £2.80. I assumed the middle men were sucking all the profit out and I was right when 5 years later it was £9.50 from the main contractor.
I had to jump through hoops mind.
I thought you said 18 years ago you were on £9 a m2??
2 years before that you were on £2.80??;)

We were working for a large plastering firm in the early nineties in a hospital extension in Taunton during recession, hardwall and skim £2 per metre !!
Hard to believe now but there was no work around and lots of old school spreads (good ones) working to those rates. Every one was fighting to do corridors and we were wiping the hardwall on. !!
£2 a m2 for float and set less tax??
Bull s**t can baffle the brain..

Yeah float and set 45m2 a day me £60 labourer £30 .
You don’t no your born these days lol !!
What do you expect if you only do half days?

Anyway, speaking of s**t rates. Some cheeky t**t on FB was offering continental drivers £82.50 a day - with a straight face.

And you think you've got it bad.

Reactions: Djr
Told you I wasn't talking shite .it's the northwest prices are wank . We don't get paid cor blimey prices ;)

I feel for you m8 f**k**g cheaky bastards offering those piss poor rates..
You can rest assure those prices did not ever exist in London even during the recession:(
Maybe not but it was never £9.00 As long as I've got hole in me arse .now Mr Taylor I'm off to watch more comedy channels and eat some jellied eels(y)

Maybe not but it was never £9.00 As long as I've got hole in me arse .now Mr Taylor I'm off to watch more comedy channels and eat some jellied eels(y)
Well that arse hole of yours must be wider than the black wall tunnel because I’ve been on those rates for float and set ..
You Northern lads are still living in the dark age my old m8;)

Yes but not 20 year ago .if that was the case you'd have your own helicopter ;)

He is tellig the truth .As I keep saying when I served my time there was firms paying them prices . Don't forget we floated ever day and you learn to get a shape on or make fuk all. I rest my case;););););););););););););)

Served my time in late 80’s in northwest, around 1992 it was 1-50 for skim, and 2-50 f&s.
For some reason skim prices stalled more than f&s, and around ‘98 was getting 3-80 f&s.
2002 was getting over £4.
On new sites to a subbie.
This is a good yardstick for the young uns, was getting 70 a day daywork in 1992.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Served my time in late 80’s in northwest, around 1992 it was 1-50 for skim, and 2-50 f&s.
For some reason skim prices stalled more than f&s, and around ‘98 was getting 3-80 f&s.
This is a good yardstick for the young uns, was getting 70 a day daywork in 1992.

Exactly what I was saying to our southern friends

I thought you said 18 years ago you were on £9 a m2??
2 years before that you were on £2.80??;)
Years aren't exact but around that time yeah.
Started on hardwalling nursing homes at £2.80 float and set on newbuilds working for other firms before moving on to dealing direct with main contractor and getting £9+ per metre (on refurbs tho) around 5 years later.

Years aren't exact but around that time yeah.
Started on hardwalling nursing homes at £2.80 float and set on newbuilds working for other firms before moving on to dealing direct with main contractor and getting £9+ per metre (on refurbs tho) around 5 years later.
Now I’m really confused:(

How's it going pal? Long time no hear