Rated people/checkatrade views & experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasterDuncan

Hi all, Im new here so if Im in the wrong place then apologies!

I am looking for the best ways to promote my small Plastering & Bulding services business and wonder if anyone gets any plastering work from checkatrade & rated people? I had checkatrade out today but seems so expensive if it fails to work. I've heard lots of bad stuff from Rated people but looks good on the tin. In 22 years I've never advertised so haven't a clue.

Can you give me any recent first hand feedback before I spend out or dismiss the idea.

Cheers.

Leaflets distributed locally in good areas is a great start, some are into check a trade and I am sure it works for some, try an add in a local paper too, best of luck,ps I was in yellow pages on and off and it can bring in decent contacts on and off but time wasters too.

ok. Thats the prob with all these things I guess you get the rough with the smoothe! Thanks. Yes I'm going to leaflet drop locally also.

we never waste money on ads.
rated people gives you 3 free jobs. the prices they come up with are hopeless. you are just buying work.
why feed some lazy ******* who will just try to put themselves between you and a pay check?

Rated peeps is a complete waste of time and money. They basically make you buy customer details just to quote for the work. The one lead i bought cost me 12 quid and the details were some made up crap. they refunded me after i told them what i thought of their robbing outfit.

thanks...Will avoid rated people.
Its the 1st time in 22 yrs Ive advertised... just feel things are so slow at the mo all round. I,ve relocated also so its tough out there what with the current climate.
Thanks for the replies.

Rated people have the customer traffic but there all a bunch of bell drips... bad experience with them!!
Hi all, Im new here so if Im in the wrong place then apologies!

I am looking for the best ways to promote my small Plastering & Bulding services business and wonder if anyone gets any plastering work from checkatrade & rated people? I had checkatrade out today but seems so expensive if it fails to work. I've heard lots of bad stuff from Rated people but looks good on the tin. In 22 years I've never advertised so haven't a clue.

Can you give me any recent first hand feedback before I spend out or dismiss the idea.

Cheers.

If using rated then the only chance you've got is to be the first who buys and sees the job,then you need to make sure you get the job when you make the call by giving a price there and then. Also these so called customers who want a decent reliable tradesman don't even bother to look at your ratings/reviews from previous jobs. So for example you decide to buy a lead so as to give the customer a second opinion /price you often get a message that the job no longer available. The muppet has gone with first quote( yes sometimes that's me!) and so you have to go through the rigmarole of claiming back your lead money!
Rant over.:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.