Quoting help

Members online

f**k it just think of a three digit number and times it by 4 .

Job were on a min for a turkish guy. Nice fella. Tell us other plasterer was 250 cheaper but he was desperate and thought he give us a go . By sounds of it were better but not as quick. Then he says ididnt argue over price but will next time . Next time i.ll go 400 over and he.ll be happy when i knock 200 of lol

Don't know if it works or not but for a while I been working all my qoutes labour and mats and then add 15% to cover all my overheads ,fuel, insurance etc...don't put it on the quote to customer but have it in mind
I would hazard a guess at £20-60 a day to cover running costs for 1 man band

Do what ever works to increase job leads. Personally think you will earn a wage (a good wage don't get me wrong) at £120 a day but you need profit . Put a mark up on materials, labour tool hire. Buy in bulk on beads, scrim PVA etc. So instead of your pricing structure looking like this:
Labour £120.00
Materials £50.00 supplied at cost
Total £170.00
It should look like this!
Labour £160.00
Materials £50.00 + £15.00 handling /profit
Consumables £15.00
Present yourself professionally , with the right approach you can win jobs without being the cheapest. I often win work and mine will be the highest quote. Salesmanship is critical to the domestic market, true location can be a big factor in this. If this is the case target work in more affluent areas or look at planning applications to look for possible future renovations on valuable properties. Think ahead , start setting up plans of action for next year.

Failing that there's always the "warty quid a wall" method . Good luck

Exactly

A proper business will have overheads, and these need to be covered. Profit is not a nasty word and should be a percentage of every job.
Your labour.....blah
Overheads.....blah,
Materials & handling (delivery etc)
H&S & cdm
Percentage profit
Total.