Quote follow up ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathon

Hello Guys
Just after a bit of advice on the best way to follow up a quote, at the moment if I don't hear from the client I just leave it, but think it would make more sense to a actually ring them back and get some feedback or something, just wondering if anyone had any tips, cheers
Johnathon

I dont get every job i quote for, dunno if some people think its a 2 minute job...
I give em the quote verbally when i look at it, always got their details...
if they ring back, ive got it, if not i havent...make sure they got your card
if its a big job, full house or whatever ill ring back maybe a week later and show keen, they're usually getting to or three quotes in anyway, if they just f*ck you off leave it, if not offer as much help as possible..

i did an estimate yesterday nt phoned back skim a kitchen ceiling part of it wanted pulling down and reboarding i gave im a price and told me i was way out e was expecting 2 pay £75 2 av i done i laughed smiled and left mmmmm

i wonder y e aint phoned lol
ho i priced him £130 to rip down replace and supply and its 30 miles away frm were i live ?????

alot want sumat 4 nowt these days tossers :-/

i did an estimate yesterday nt phoned back skim a kitchen ceiling part of it wanted pulling down and reboarding   i gave im a price and told me i was way out e was expecting 2 pay £75  2 av i done i laughed smiled and left mmmmm  

i wonder y e aint phoned lol
ho i priced him £130 to rip down replace and supply and its 30 miles away frm were i live ?????

alot want sumat 4 nowt these days tossers  :-/

The blokes having a laugh, even if he accepts your price you should tell him your too busy and the price is now double if he wants it done.

dont ring them mate they have your number they will contact you if they want to.

as for the verbal quotes thats what i do, but i got a right fuking other day.
basically i had to change the price of a job with very good reason. told the bloke he said he was not goin to pay me.
soon changed his mind when i started packing my tools away an tellin the labourer we was fookin off.

private work i foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkin hate it

like u say
TOSSER'S
want it done for free

i prefer not to do verbal estimates i like to look at the job have a chat with them then when i get home i can think about what needs doing work out a price on mats and labour then put my quote in

get this one had a bloke ring me up about skimming a restaurant out quite a big job and he was desparate as it was his contract and another spread had let him down,ceiling was 120m2 plus walls, ask me what my day rate was, said to him i would give him a price if its a big job,his answer to that was listen to me mate i know how long it will take and how much it is going to cost ive been in the building for over 20years (t**t).my response was funny so have i and i know how much it will cost you.
cut a long story short went to see the job, if he had been in the building trade for over 20 years must have been using lego to start jumped up little f----r.
gave him a price was going to get 3 spreads in to get the job done on time,and then he says how did you get to that price on 120 a day,dont know where he got that from not from me, thinking i would go and do a f-----g job like that for 120 a day ,anyway ended up telling him to just forget it and wished him well on his journey to find a plastering firm that would love to work with him(in so many words anyway) 2days later had my mate phone me up saying he was going to see a restaurant job here we go again

Had a simalar thing happen last year from a women who told us she was a builder and been doing it for 20 years and because she had a pony tail it made her gullable but she tucked us up good and proper found out a week later she done the same thing to a mate of mine.......On a different note priced a job today and ran a tape round came to about 240 m2 all on new board so was gonna chuck in £3 a meter labour only but had a funny feeling about the bloke so told him £850 and he knocked me down to 750 so am still up on the price said to my mate should have put a higher price in ;D

dont chase it. if theyre interested theyll get back to you. when they phone back pretend you cant recall who they are for a second or two then say youre doing a ceiling and youll call them back that evening. like putty in your hand then

image.jpg
How time flies :sorprendido3:

Hello Guys
Just after a bit of advice on the best way to follow up a quote, at the moment if I don't hear from the client I just leave it, but think it would make more sense to a actually ring them back and get some feedback or something, just wondering if anyone had any tips, cheers
Johnathon
If they come back to u just say your retired lol

Status
Not open for further replies.