Quiz of the week

Members online

No members online now.

Lastlaff

IMG_4041.PNG
Who knows what this tool is?

When I was sat having a pint after work years ago in a pub in Sawbridgeworth, Herts, I happen to glance up and above the bar there were loads of these on a stand for sale - brilliant bit of kit once you get the hang of it. I think the pub owner made them?

It's called board mate. They are great if your are doing high walls off a scissor lift. Just screw one on bottom corner and one on the side. Saves a lot of struggling.

Use board mates all the time dunno what I'd do without them now. Excellent for boarding slopes on celotex.

Worked with a bloke who called his rake Larry. I wondered what the feck he was on about!

I only used a shovel knocking up for my brother til we teamed up with a gang from reading to do a big house and I saw a rake and larry in action , soon had one . Just had a flashback of knocking up bonding in bath , dark days !

I've seen them before whilst looking to make my life easier boarding lids on my own.
But they look like a bit of a faff to be honest.
There's a video on YouTube of a ol fella using then was quite a laugh looked like the board was going to snap when he hoicked it up

I've seen them before whilst looking to make my life easier boarding lids on my own.
But they look like a bit of a faff to be honest.
There's a video on YouTube of a ol fella using then was quite a laugh looked like the board was going to snap when he hoicked it up
I have them, but not using them so often. I found 6A does the same job and even better. You can put them where you want , turn them is is on the way and once the board is in place you can turn them back to hold the entire board. With board mate that's impossible.

Can you not do the same thing with a couple of offcuts of cls and a washer?
Screw it in
Twist it
Push board up and in
Prop up
Screw in?