pva

Status
Not open for further replies.

davie3737

hi everybody im new to the forum.can enyone tell me if thay use sealocrete pva and how you found the product sure i bought it before in bulk:RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing: and it was rubbish cheers davie

I just use wicks pva I suppose it all depends how far they piss down for resale if it's s**t change it.

Used lots of different makes of pva, cheap ones tend to be a bit watery and vice versa,if u have a sheen like surface it always hangs for ages,does'nt absorb into the surface,if that makes sense

Last edited:
Ive used it and i thought it was good gear, its cheaper than unibond and just as thick

Buy yourself a small heater, that will help dry ur pva out. If its a wall with no suction then you should be using a bonding agent anyway

i once bought 5L of no-nonsesne pva from screw fix and it was like monkey sp*nk! it doesnt smell like pva and didnt seal well at all so binned it!

I buy loads of Ikea furniture, sling the furniture in the skip and use the stuf that come in the boxes

was in jewson today getting some PVA. the unibond was £12 + VAT special offer but jewsons own make PVA was £18 + VAT those are trade prices. strangely they dont sell much of there own PVA F**K knows why and bizarrely i went somewhere else cos i need both eyes

im just amused that jewson think there PVA is better than unibond enough to warrant the price they put on it

Did a few small bits one coat today,as described previous by sir spunky.done one coats reveals before but do prefer two in all honesty.anyway,wicked pva is just fine,good thickness for the price I think.used travis perks stuff once,pricey and not as good as the wickes.no competition.

Ok Jewsons, my local build centre, who I have fantastic rappor with, get some good deals, and regular treats to races, rugby etc, have just been taken over by Jewsons, so we start a job over other side of Donny where there's another Jewsons , bought some collated screws and thought I would of paid what I pay normally, big mistake , fourteen quid a thou, #robbinbastards, think my accounts gonna go out the window, oh and when I phoned em manager says I'll knock ten percent off , you can imagine my response

I'd heard that Jewsons were in all sorts of trouble, in the past they've never been competitive when I've asked for a quote but just lately things have changed.

Think I saw thread on uni a while back on here? Don't think its been discussed to much:rolleyes):RpS_sneaky:

well lets start one then.............sooooooo whats this uni finish you talk about lee what can it be used on??

Our local archibalds was the cheapest place for gear round here till jewsons took it over and now its just as pricey as TP . Doves is the only other local merchants

Status
Not open for further replies.