PVA

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
got three rooms to prep for a couple of plasterers i've got coming in on monday to skim...they all have matt paint on them...any point in PVAing in advance? does it make any difference? also do u guys key the surface with a stanley knife it painted?

cheers

personally prefer to do own prep work,but cant see no harm in it give it two coats about 4 parts pva and 1 part water and get right in the corners with it

NO NEEDTO KEYAWALL FORSKIM.. if u geta chance PVA the day befor if not on the day ..2 coats..3 if it drys quick.

2 coats - 3 coats? 1 coat surely will be enough 4.1 on paint...the only reason i ask is i don't want the lads to be hanging around in the mourning just to crack straight on...i was thinking a 4:1 the night before should be plenty enough for them to get straight on it the next morning...if that is not the case might as well wba it the night before save me on hours wages on both lads.

you can devil float the wall it wont hurt .........ask the lads what they want pva wise or read the back of the tub...........they should be going over it while its tacky really mate

spunkybum said:
they should be going over it while its tacky really mate

well said
Will it realy save you a hour if the lads know there stuff and are good workers leave it to them they can prep the walls in between mixes you would get no extra work out of me if you had unibonded the walls for me

lol I dont do PVA tacky I let it go right off then skim perfect every time.... because pva is waterbased it comes back to life when wet.

WBA is the safest bet though works a treat

Danny

if you go over pre prepared pva youre just going over an even shinier no key background ...........lol how do people work out it comes back to life when youve put plaster on it ;D .............read the back of the tub if pva sbr etc isnt being used as a sealer you shpuld apply plaster whilst its tacky so it sticks to the wall lol

you should never work on dry pva and always two coats first 5 to 1 second 3 to 1 or better still thistle bondit or betonkontackt

Danny said:
lol I dont do PVA tacky I let it go right off then skim perfect every time.... because pva is waterbased it comes back to life when wet.

WBA is the safest bet though works a treat

Danny

ive always wondered wether this theory is right....... gona do some experiments in the shed i think. lol

i reckon the the theory is right......because i usually pva the day before and just before i apply the plaster, i roll the wall with very diluted pva 20/30-1 just to make the first coat tacky again, so in theory the plaster should also make the pva tacky again.....??????? lol

if your going on the piss drink a pint of pva before you go out it puts a lining on your tummy and you wont throw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i heard it was milk you drink before going out ??? so does this mean you can skim over milk ,just wait for the semi to go tacky

Status
Not open for further replies.