pva

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis

how does every one apply there pva??roller ,brush,??has anyone tried to spray the wall ??with like one of those paint sprayers for garden fence..allways trying to fink of stuff to get jobs done fasterer..

i genrally use a roller and a brush to get in awkward places i must say i have thought the same idea about the sprayer too i have the garden water sprayer i use to spray clean water from to wet up my plasterand have not tried it yet with pva tho.
let us know if anyone else has tried it.

ive tried it with atomisers but you can only get away with a really watery solution and it did eventually kill it after about an hour the only solution i can think of is to spend money and get a professional unit used for spraying thicker chemicals

I had the same problem I thought that it would be quicker to use one of those had help pump up garden sprayers mixed u the PVA thin worked well for the first wall put it down for a cuppa started using it again and found out that the seal in the top of it had blown :'( so I`m back to using a roller again ok for water brill for wetting the wall for a troweling :) if you find a better way I like to know as well cheers DUCKY

yeah i do use a spray bottle for wet trowel but dont think it will spray pva would have to get one that can spray paint think it may do the job..

Roller every time, like most we have tried the sprayers and its like flogging a dead horse ;D its quite funny at the time all you can think is its gonna bloody work, but it only lasts a couple of mins, and you barely get a covering with it, and how weak the pva has to be would be easier to just soak the wall down with a hose. Well we all learn in the end.

Ive been spraying my pva for years,
(tried all the garden type pump sprayers) i took a chance and brought an industrial high pressure pump sprayer on flea bay, cost me like 60 quid , works a treat and you cant beat it for ceilings ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.