Pva the day b4

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone's worried about going over dry pva try this give the wall a light mist of water with one of those pump spray bottles, leave it a few mins & the wall will turn tacky, but there's no need to do this as the wet skim you put on will do the same & re emulsify the pva.
I think the only reason people still go over tacky pva is because they were told to do it by their teachers....

Dry pva for me all day long :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ive done dry pva lots of times, and failed many times..I will go with tacky.

how did it fail?

I have never seen one fail... and your the first person I know of on here in 9.5 years to say that its failed... so would be very interested to see why it did fail...

recently i do 1/3 SBR and PVA mix
prevent plaster to go off so fast gives u more time to work on it
SBR bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion
(1 portion sbr to 3 pva)

Never known dry pva fail, ever.
Loads of b*ll***s the tacky business. Pushing fecking moisture around a wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one way to be sure with old ceilings that's overboard first but have used pva and sbr also stabiliser (on that distemper dusty type paints) always wait for surface to dry as only time I get problems is when bonding or skim on wet/tacky surface and as much as I hate to admit it I have had sbr and or pva fail but oddly had it where half of the ceiling or wall failed but other half has been fine or one surface in a room has failed but others haven't and yes I do make sure to keep consistencey when prepping, I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to predict what has been done to some surfaces in the past so there is always going to be an element of suck and see with over plastering and the couple of fails i have had in 20 plus years I have just had to put it in the unknown file and reworked at my own cost, but to answer question yes I find pva once day or two before then pva before plastering on the day but still allow to dry is the best way. And also a good 50/50 coat on same day works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.