PVA shortage

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Was in Jewsons yesterday laughing at the price of there own brand PVA (£17) and the manager was telling me there is a shortage of one of the ingredients used to make PVA and the price might rise by 30 %.

I wonder if BG are buying up all the PVA forcing us to buy unifinish....... Pmsl

@Arti did you not buy loads of feb from doves when they had it on special ? I did worked out just under £8 with the vat :RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arti did you not buy loads of feb from doves when they had it on special ? I did worked out just under £8 with the vat :RpS_thumbup:

I nearly always go to wack for the sealocrete gear which is about £8 Inc. Or I was at JTF wholesale yesterday at the Tyne tunnel trading est and they sell the everbuild for a fiver +

Last edited by a moderator:
I nearly always go to wack for the sealocrete gear which is about £8 Inc. Or I was at JTF wholesale yesterday at the Tyne tunnel trading est and they sell the everbuild for a fiver +

I always forget about the fact i live in the wilderness and hence have very little choice as far as where to buy from. I basically have to pay what they want or do a 80 to 100 mile trip to get better prices.. hey ho

Give wack a ring and see what the delivery charge is and it might be more cost effective for you

Nearly had a heart attack when I went in travis for some materials including pva. Had the unibond pva for £25! Dumped all my stuff and stormed over to bnq and got it for £9

Give wack a ring and see what the delivery charge is and it might be more cost effective for you

Just get it up to a hundred quid or what have u at wacks and a never get charged delivery ?? Just get sum beads grit and abox of pva etc cos u na u will use it up long as u have sum where to keep it

Apparently the has been a 33% rise on a tub of pva everywhere due to out of the 2 main companies in europe that make "vam" which is in pva. 1 of them have gone bust. So not sure if its gone up due to the sheer demand, Or the company still making vam has just decided they can now charge more. Think wack charged me 7 quid a tub excluding and its normally a lot cheaper than that. Well 33% cheaper i hazard a guess :RpS_unsure:

I buy pva in bulk when it's on special, last week at B&Q they where doing 6 liters of everbuild for 8 quid inc vat.

got 30 liters of it, and mix it 1pva/2water. so I got 90ltrs of pva 'solution' for £45

I made sure the info was not a complete load of bullshit by calling a couple more companies i use. was fed the same sort of line. If you got a shed full in your lock up guys. best make good use and make the 33% in your pocket now :RpS_biggrin:

Apparently the has been a 33% rise on a tub of pva everywhere due to out of the 2 main companies in europe that make "vam" which is in pva. 1 of them have gone bust. So not sure if its gone up due to the sheer demand, Or the company still making vam has just decided they can now charge more. Think wack charged me 7 quid a tub excluding and its normally a lot cheaper than that. Well 33% cheaper i hazard a guess :RpS_unsure:

hows me luck, I managed to source 100 kgs of vam on ebay for £30

Status
Not open for further replies.