Pva in mix

Members online

When I started my apprenticeship the bloke I worked with put pva in the first coat when he’d put pva on it. When I asked him why he told me that you’ve got pva sticking to pva and I can’t remember him ever having any issues, ‘‘twas a long time ago mind you
Can't see any harm , I've done it many times in the past with no problems

When I started my apprenticeship the bloke I worked with put pva in the first coat when he’d put pva on it. When I asked him why he told me that you’ve got pva sticking to pva and I can’t remember him ever having any issues, ‘‘twas a long time ago mind you
I remember old bloke in his 50s been plastering man and boy time served old school etc. He was doin work at one of my rentals when I first started out so I sat and watched him ..he put pva in 1st mix that why I asked the original question..

Nonsense, PVA wasn't invented back then.

When I first started with my dad there was no pva, he used something called plaster weld for over skim. It was pink and came in a paint tin.