Pussy sets....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
think you will find that scottie 10 bags is usually having a snide dig at me actually, so read a few posts before opening your fukin mouth.. gobshite...
I've read plenty thanks, I'm saying it as I see it and I'm hardly the gobshite between the pair of us.

Am I missing out, not being on fb dan I thought it was just for posting photos of your dinner and stuff.

we are all big boys and here daniel...............just tell cassie to by some proper man pants for work instead of his travola trousers

people, especially plasterers have ego's some bigger than others and every plasterer I have ever worked with over last 31 years believe they are the best(including me).
But I have worked out there is always someone somewhere better/faster than you!
In plastering you cover a wide spectrum of skills and not everyone is good at all of them ,so if you get by and make a liveable wage who cares, because for one jealousy gets you nowhere and I can see jealousy all over this site and the Facebook pages :RpS_thumbsup:

I put a set on last Monday,was about a bag. Was one of the most difficult sets of the year as I was still pissed! Sweating like hell and In between trowels sat on a milk crate asking why I do it to myself :RpS_crying:

Hahaha I do this most weeks.

That feeling of why again is deff something else.

I had one of those sets the other day... 2 little cupboards... back breaking and awkward :)
cupboards are apprentice breakers........................:RpS_thumbsup: probably the best test you'll get too see if they can keep their dummy in

I dont Know about jealousy , I for one ,been a self employed sole trader,more or less my own boss since 87, I see plasterers been envious of others making money but ignore that the builder makes maybe £100 k but they're pissed off that their boss makes £1000 plus a week, I always say ,I don't want to work for stupid people, I want the people I work for to be making money,it's tunnel vision in that respect, other spreads have no impact on my earnings, my employees few that they are and my clients do, I haven't measured a job for years, one in 2010 been an exception,some jobs I give the price after I have done it,never been a question but I haven't been greedy either,at 48 I had hoped to be out of the game ,had hoped to be buying and developing but the downturn knocked me back and I am happy enough to be working for regular clients,I hate new clients now,I find it hard to even view their jobs,good luck to all that earn a living in this game ,we all have different skills,viewpoints,experience ,health and luck,
my view would be different at age 30 and different again aged 20

Last edited:
I had one of those sets the other day... 2 little cupboards... back breaking and awkward :)
Had 1 myself a while back where i had to climb up a ladder off the stairs up into a tiny triangle shaped alcove under some more stairs,it was a joke i was lying on my front for half of it,i dont usually drop much or get much on me but i was covered,nightmare!

I find smaller hits harder than larger ones because I havnt got the patience waiting on it.

Some lads work their day around tea breaks.
I work mine on making money.

At the end of the day I like to think I can provide a better living for my kids myself and the wife.
Work hard spend hard !!!!

Perhaps you might like to contribute something to this thread using actual words rather then just the dislike
Button @DavetheDog.
Oh dear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.