Pussy sets....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so what is your average set size?

I got bitch slapped on fb when i stuck a wall on with unifinish.... and was told a real plasterer would have stuck the whole room on etc etc

So how many bags do you stick on to first coat everthing....

i kmow @cassie is on 65m2 a minute or something. ...lol

Last edited:
I do as less as poss for as much money as poss, and I'm gutted I can't put 8/10 bags on in one set !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am I fu ck

I'm quite happy to put 3/4 of a bag on a day or a full bag on at a push for my £200 a day :RpS_thumbup:

Bag an a half top's......but not on a friday:RpS_thumbup:....

if you stick to the £40 a wall buisness plan and work smart, make friends with speedscams(soon to be on the market)nellieflexi spats:RpS_blink:.....and easifill...sandpaper. ..winner:RpS_thumbup:

or do as nisus says above:RpS_thumbup:

Bag an a half top's......but not on a friday:RpS_thumbup:....

if you stick to the £40 a wall buisness plan and work smart, make friends with speedscams(soon to be on the market)nellieflexi spats:RpS_blink:.....and easifill...sandpaper. ..winner:RpS_thumbup:

or do as nisus says above:RpS_thumbup:

Awesome advice there me old twix:RpS_thumbsup: Best way to keep that bread buttered

dont matter how much you lay on , plastering has allways been full of the "1000 meters a week " wan kers and all ways will be , as long as your neat , clean and tidy you will do ok .

no point with this thread, as most will put 2 bags on a gauge on average, then you get the nobheads who make it up, putting a full size average living room on with ceiling is bollox, thats going to look rough as... other day because its cold, I put chimney breast wall and two other walls in a lounge, thats plenty, I,ll leave the heroics to the spartans...

Well i thought this thread was an xmas present idea.

And set size too many variables.
room area. Substrate. Heat etc.

Average tho is bag and half to 2 bags 1st coat then a fresh bag to lay down.

Last time I did 3 sets a day was back in 2005 it was on a Saturday & finished late aswell ffs :RpS_cursing:
Bloody under the stairs toilets I hate them :RpS_cursing:

No doubt we have all pushed ourselves at times, be it that we dont want to go back distance travelled,big ceilings or just the fact we know we can do it and feel why not!!??start early finish late get the job done hurt like fuk but the money eases the aches ;) these days are best when easy day to follow or weekend /sunday. But day in day out no you"d have to be in debt /money mad shoite prices or r******d.

when we are on a run of clean boardwork then 3 little sets or 2 big daddies is a comfy day for us , a set can be anything from 0.1 of a bag up to 4.3 bags :RpS_thumbsup:

I do 2-3 bags a set if I'm site bashing any thing less then that I wouldn't even make a **** day rate! If I do my own work be lucky if I do this all day and for double money of what I'd get on site!

If every professional footballer was equal they'd all be playing for Barcelona.
For every lionel messi you get a 1000 Chris Smalling's.

Average 2 bags a set depending on what I'm doing, fiddly stuff might just mix half a bucket (white tall ones), straight forward walls maybe 2 1/2 to 3 bags depending on how it's setting (between 2 of us).

Danny why not see if bg will give you there drywall academy for a day we can stick a pod on each (some will obviously need a couple of sets to get it on) and we can put this bollox to bed about who can do what and how good they actually are.

Ok so what is your average set size?

I got bitch slapped on fb when i stuck a wall on with unifinish.... and was told a real plasterer would have stuck the whole room on etc etc

So how many bags do you stick on to first coat everthing....

i kmow @cassie is on 65m2 a minute or something. ...lol

I thought you told me that after you had spent weeks putting up your expensive PVA and metal sticky stuff...... you were going to get @Curry and his lab in for half a day to spray the whole thing for a finish......?

Last edited by a moderator:
These threads will only ever go one way constantly round full circle back to those that can't do it having to try and make themselves feel better by rubbishing those that can. Or making out that anyone putting more then a bag and a half on per set is either a lying tw@t or as rough as toast.
I for one have posted plenty of photos of these 'impossible sets', or have done them in the presence of at least half a dozen of this forums members who could very easily disprove anything I post if it wasn't true.
We all know domestic and site work are two entirely different beasts, in over 25 years on the trowel I have mainly stuck to pricework i have covered virtually every different background with most materials available, I have 3 sets a day most days apart from this time of year when 2 large rolling sets suit the conditions better.
Would I attack a domestic job like this?, would I balls, but I leave every square metre I finish, finished like its my first job and not my last.
I have never once said fcuk that'll do, im not perfect but I will happily put the quantity and more importantly the Quality of what I do up against anyone I've ever seen and doubt id be embarrassed by many men.
I must be the only keyboard warrior that posts pictures of what I do while doing it in the presence of other forum members and would quite happily have anyone inspect anything I do, unlike some who claim to be the greatest while offering fcuk all to back it up.
Cheers lads merry Christmas to one and all, im out.

Danny why not see if bg will give you there drywall academy for a day we can stick a pod on each (some will obviously need a couple of sets to get it on) and we can put this bollox to bed about who can do what and how good they actually are.

I am up for that :) I will need three sets though :-\ and 3 days...

we should do a TPF ultimate spread day...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.