Props.

Members online

MIXERMAN

One of my props broke . So i bought a new set. Screwfix .42quid . Very nice . Made me realize how shite my old ones were. That's the thing with us old gits.we mend and make Doo.:aburrido:

Attachments

• IMG_20220208_133638788.jpg
    IMG_20220208_133638788.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
One of my props broke . So i bought a new set. Screwfix .42quid . Very nice . Made me realize how shite my old ones were. That's the thing with us old gits.we mend and make Doo.:aburrido:

I've got a pair of those, badged Faithfull.

They're nice and solid except for one extremely stupid design decision - they use crappy weak rivets at the shoe pivot points. At some point, I'll get around to drilling them out and replacing them with M4 steel nuts & bolts.

Other than that, I like them except that you need 2 hands to operate them rather than the 1-handed silicone-gun trigger type, so I have some of those as well.

There's a knack to them. You need to extend them tight to the ceiling joist or existing at a slight angle then bash em out, lean them up a wall or slightly wedge them off the last board at each end of the board you're gonna lift.
Get your board in place then wedge them in.
When you take them down don't adjust them,
They'll be at an angle as they're over extended so just kick the bottom away.

What don't you like about them mate? Apart from the price.

It’s just the way they adjust. My mate bought some and they’re better made than the usual silver line ones, but at least with those you can adjust the height easier if you’ve only got one hand free.

The only reason I bought mine is because they're supposed to have higher load-bearing capacity than the trigger-type ones that most people have. The stupid use of rivets was a disappointment as it undermines their load-bearing capacity.

Truth be told, I mostly prefer to use the trigger-type props.

It’s just the way they adjust. My mate bought some and they’re better made than the usual silver line ones, but at least with those you can adjust the height easier if you’ve only got one hand free.
They are adjustable with one hand. You set them close to what you need before you lifr, get them in place then adjust by twisting one handed

They are adjustable with one hand. You set them close to what you need before you lifr, get them in place then adjust by twisting one handed

Probably just a case of getting used to them mate. Tbf, I rarely need them as I use a board lifter, but handy on small jobs or in tight spaces. Hows the back?

Probably just a case of getting used to them mate. Tbf, I rarely need them as I use a board lifter, but handy on small jobs or in tight spaces. Hows the back?
It's not too bad thanks mate. The docs have given me some delicious drugs.
Still waiting on a consultation at the Royal orthopaedic.
I'm still coping with the gym and kickboxing though so can't complain