"property developer"

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

topmark

Recently went to view a house purchased by a female property developer (so they call themselves) full of ideas and enthusiasm.

All house was papered, distemper on ceilings etc. They are removing paper.

Wanted a quote for the following: 3 bedrooms 1@55m2, 2@45m2
2 bedrooms require studding over breasts and doors on to create wardrobe space
front room @ 50m2
H,S,L @ 75m2 , ceiling on landing needs underdrawing cos it runs out about 75mm
Small amount of roughing around window and airing cupboard,etc.
Betacontakt on all ceilings.

ROLL-UP ROLL-UP, HOW MUCH, QUOTE ME HAPPY!!!!!!

Usually board over distemper, but they wont want to pay extra, so you use stabelex then PVA or Bonding agent Richard?

topmark said:
Usually board over distemper, but they wont want to pay extra, so you use stabelex then PVA or Bonding agent Richard?

just as quick to board as stabelex then pva and the cost of the boards will equal it out.

what does the stablex do?...........wont the weight of the new stuff still pull it off ???

She has steamed the ceiling and some has come off, dont want to take chances though, can anyone tell me what they would quote for the work described please and I can compare cos am a bit pissed about it.

im with fanny, i wouldnt want to touch it unless they over boarded. your plaster is only as good as whats it stuck to and you dont know whats under the distemper. also the extra wait and damp going into the old ceiling can start all sorts of problems. overboard you know it aint going anywhere

the stabelex eats into the distemper paint and hardens it off.

how is it just as quick to re board the ceiling as it is to roller on the stabelex ?? stabelex is £25 for 5 litres which will do about 4 large rooms of walls and ceilings and goes on very quick.

richardbrown said:
the stabelex eats into the distemper paint and hardens it off.

how is it just as quick to re board the ceiling as it is to roller on the stabelex ?? stabelex is £25 for 5 litres which will do about 4 large rooms of walls and ceilings and goes on very quick.

roll that on lets say a couple of hours labor plus £25 then pva then pva just before you skim, could of boarded it and its guaranteed to stick, less chance of cracking gives you more sound protection aswell as fire protection and done in less time.

richardbrown said:
simply you can say exactly the same about artex or overskims !

overboard them as well, if you explain the pro's to the customer they always go for it and the ones that dont, get someone else.

simplybesty said:
richardbrown said:

overboard them as well, if you explain the pro's to the customer they always go for it and the ones that dont, get someone else.

At this present time on the domestic front you would loose most of your work if you will only price to overboard

bodplasterer said:
So is it 265m2 in total or is the 50m2 part of the bedroom measure and how many beads and bags of roughing?

Sorry Bod if its confusing, 275m2 total, 12 beads, approx 4-5 bags of rough stuff.

richardbrown said:
simplybesty said:
richardbrown said:

At this present time on the domestic front you would loose most of your work if you will only price to overboard

yeh and if your rolling stabelex then pva then pva in 30 mins your gonna loose work coz it aint gonna stick ;) Advise the customer with all the pros ive said and you might get the job over the next guy, boards arent dear and once youve mentioned the benefits never mind the price it may give you the edge.

flynnyman.... sorry you misunderstood me. i meant that each coat would take 10 minutes so a total of 30 minutes. IE: roll on stabelex 10 minutes each ceiling the night before, first thing in the am roll on pva 10 minutes each ceiling etc

yes studding also. The debate seems to have come off on a tangent cos it a "property developer" and they want to cut corners, most customers will go for an overboard on cracked,sagging, distempered ceilings, when I tell them the pro,s n cons. BTW

This property developer is another beast :D

some guy asked me to distemper his house.. then i had to tell him its no good? and he said ah wot do u use now a days i said emulsion! he said yeah that stuff! old guy ha

hendrix247 said:
I would go in at £2400 and would take about 10-11 days

Thanks, you are bang on regarding number of days, I estimate 10-11 days, however I quoted £1620 cash, and her jaw has hit the floor :eek:.

I,m walking away if she tries to haggle the price :D

Status
Not open for further replies.