Problems with new thistle uni finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re skimmed a small bathroom ceiling with thistle uni finish and a couple of days later it has completely shelled off,,not took at all...phoned bg and the rep is comin out to have alook... Any body else had any probs!!!!!!

Not sure mate,, not a old house,, only reskimmed the ceiling as had to patch some spots... Can only think its a dodgy patch or something

That doesn't sound good at all.

Was there any residue left on the ceiling?

I bet the rep says it was because it was a bathroom painted in matt and there's moisture in the board or something along those lines.

oh not good then pal !keep us informed as what the rep says please mate !!! not a good start is it!...........

The rep we be giving it all sorts, overmixed, dirty water/mixer, etc.

I take it all seemed fine when you were doing it.

we have done a few jobs where all paint had to be removed before plastering, once we put the pva on it peeled off with a scraper

we have done a few jobs where all paint had to be removed before plastering, once we put the pva on it peeled off with a scraper

Thats usually because who ever painted it did'nt give it mist coat and they bang up coats of thick emulsion then the plaster sucks out the moisture.....

Thats usually because who ever painted it did'nt give it mist coat and they bang up coats of thick emulsion then the plaster sucks out the moisture.....

when mist coating new plaster, the old boy I served my time with. Always said 50/50 cheap emulsion and water to seal new plaster before applying the chosen coloured paint.

I couldn't see it working in the first place did any one else? Like old render need more pcs and over surfaces need less so I can see the scientific side of it hmmmm

Its just crap i used it on over painted artex it sucked like a whore.manager in my local travis said another spread had issues with it dracking and shelling off painted artex.rep said gonna remove the over skim artex claim but as said blamed on everything else.stick to a good sealant and multi finish.
come on british gypsum we know you read this get on here and comment you know its naff.

been using it last couple of days , on top of betterkontact( plumbing client got it off a job he was on),anyway the job i had to do for him was fcuking awkward and high ,got a few splashes on some finish work below,when it came to cleaning up the splashes came off really easy ,i know its not a lot to go on but 1st impressions i cant see it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.