Problem with plaster - bumps and blowing

Members online

No members online now.
Ok I will get all the pictures on my phone and will give a full update.
As I said before - MANC ONE. Location and number. What would be offensive if it was man cone unless your name is Trevor Smith ;)
I don’t think there’s any great mystery here that needs solving. Regardless of how why what where when or who, the bottom line is you paid for a decent finish and you got dog$hit results.
He won’t come back and rectify. Take it on the chin and get a decent plasterer in. Case closed

I don’t think there’s any great mystery here that needs solving. Regardless of how why what where when or who, the bottom line is you paid for a decent finish and you got dog$hit results.
He won’t come back and rectify. Take it on the chin and get a decent plasterer in. Case closed
Thanks. He’s already come back for the ceiling, filled the holes and trowel marks. Bubbles still there. I know how to do the rest from advice on this forum.

I had a similar problem trying to save a customer money they didn’t want to board it. the ceiling wasn’t papered but the painter cant have mist coated. I skimmed it just about to trowel up and the paint flaked off, I left it go, went back and skimmed it again another day.

I use a gritted plaster bonding agent and had no problems with paste residue. Once it’s dry it bonds and skims a treat, get customers to sugar soap before you arrive if you want to use pva!
these are exactly the types of backgrounds that bonding agent is made for
'plasterer' obviously didn't have a fkin clue how to prep the background properly........see a lot of it on here as well from so called experienced spreads.

They're all proper good stuff - really it's just a question of if you want to pay or are trying to do a cheap job to get the work.

I always use it if I can
Not really about trying to do a cheap job it's the practicality of being able to leave it for a day. Probably half my jobs are only 1 or 2 days work. If you couldn't skim anything on day 1 then it wouldn't work

Not really about trying to do a cheap job it's the practicality of being able to leave it for a day. Probably half my jobs are only 1 or 2 days work. If you couldn't skim anything on day 1 then it wouldn't work
Buy a halogen heater just to get it to set off then it can be done in a day.

Buy a halogen heater just to get it to set off then it can be done in a day.
If say you've quoted to skim master bed walls in a day though can that realistically be done? Apply grit let it dry and 2 sets?

Right.

So you'd have to price for that.

My point stands

Right.

So you'd have to price for that.

My point stands
I thought you were referring to the price of the product. Well yes, doubling the labour price of a 1 day job because it becomes 2 days would probably lose me alot of work lol