Problem with plaster - bumps and blowing

Members online

I’m off. Bye guys x
A brief look at tpf
tenor (4).gif

She was lucky not to have used her Screwfix name , no encouragement needed here lol

Why? I’m hire happy to share it. I just don’t understand the animosity on this forum. I’m asking a genuine question to help me and the majority of the posts have been unwelcome. Just why.
Sexism , male building site jokes I'm afraid but also the repetitive posts of people who don't seem to tell the difference between real plastering and a DIY cowboy , the picture shows the skill of a one day course teenager tbh. Compounded by customers willing to hand over top money for such service , long live " trust a trader " and the like , apologies for any offence but your name of mancone leaves little defense

I dont understand why the public get grief on here... especially with the amount of work that comes our way...

Also why would anybody pay a plasterer to remove wallpaper??? If I was paid to remove wallpaper I would then get a labourer to come in and do it so I dont understand how wall paper removal is classed as prep...

As far as I am concerned the wall was stripped and the "plasterer" came in and was happy to "their" prep and was happy to skim it....

From the looks of it they got caught out by the wallpaper paste and and it shafted him...

The fix for me would be to scrape off the blisters and fill and sand... in fact in an hour that wall would be looking perfect...

It is only plaster :D

I dont understand why the public get grief on here... especially with the amount of work that comes our way...

Also why would anybody pay a plasterer to remove wallpaper??? If I was paid to remove wallpaper I would then get a labourer to come in and do it so I dont understand how wall paper removal is classed as prep...

As far as I am concerned the wall was stripped and the "plasterer" came in and was happy to "their" prep and was happy to skim it....

From the looks of it they got caught out by the wallpaper paste and and it shafted him...

The fix for me would be to scrape off the blisters and fill and sand... in fact in an hour that wall would be looking perfect...

The situation is compounded by new members answers being delayed Danny , new members should get guidance before they post , pictures, including the whole wall as well as close up etc , also some guidance as to the banter so they don't take things too seriously ,, there's usually some good advice even on some of the rediculus posts

The situation is compounded by new members answers being delayed Danny , new members should get guidance before they post , pictures, including the whole wall as well as close up etc , also some guidance as to the banter so they don't take things too seriously ,, there's usually some good advice even on some of the rediculus posts

they do

the delayed messages are to stop the spam coming through to you guys...

so the first 5 posts of every new poster has to get approved by me...

It takes a long time for me to approve or delete the posts...
f**k , danny you must be quite busy then, i thought you just had a look every three or four days.

Don't understand it either. People saying you paid cheap what do you expect, or prepped it yourself etc. If someone gets a bad job it's the plasterers fault, simple as that

Sexism , male building site jokes I'm afraid but also the repetitive posts of people who don't seem to tell the difference between real plastering and a DIY cowboy , the picture shows the skill of a one day course teenager tbh. Compounded by customers willing to hand over top money for such service , long live " trust a trader " and the like , apologies for any offence but your name of mancone leaves little defense
Name of Mancone? Manc-one? I’m from Manchester and the number one? What else can it mean?

Name of Mancone? Manc-one? I’m from Manchester and the number one? What else can it mean?
Man cone , just saying
It wasn’t a day, it was nearly four days and a team of three ( weren’t there on all days/all the time).
Got ant more pics , I thought it was an overskim
, two artex ceilings back to flat and two walls overskimming is two slow days for one bloke for example

I knew sites like TrustATrader were bad so I used other sites. I thought Which? was a good site? Also he has 20 Google reviews which aren’t fake (I’ve checked the posting history), coupled with 20 on Which?, plus Yelp. I’m not a local so I can’t ask for recommendations, I don’t think I’ve been negligent in doing some background research?

If I had some idea of what he did wrong, than I can confront him with knowledge. He came back the night after it was finished for payment and he had a look. It looked 100%. It’s only since it’s dried a couple of weeks later that it looks and feels bad. Coupled with the issues the wall was having.
So if I can have some tips of how to get the right Plasteror in and fair prices, that would be great.

There’s your answer @Danny we’re good at detecting trolls.

3 men 4 days for 2 ceilings lol
Bore off

Owner and his two sons.

One afternoon they (two) came to fill in the ceiling holes/prep walls. Next day and a half they did the ceilings. I think they finished one and then started the other.

I don’t know who did the wall as I was working. Parents were present for the ceiling,

Man cone , just saying

Got ant more pics , I thought it was an overskim
, two artex ceilings back to flat and two walls overskimming is two slow days for one bloke for example
Ok I will get all the pictures on my phone and will give a full update.
As I said before - MANC ONE. Location and number. What would be offensive if it was man cone unless your name is Trevor Smith ;)

It wasn’t a day, it was nearly four days and a team of three ( weren’t there on all days/all the time).
Say around 8-12 days labour to skim a couple of ceilings and 2 walls? :oops: good lord

Doesn’t make any sense. At all. Its a days work. Or day n half if slow . 1 man.

4 days .3 people.

move had a look at my messages.

he came at around 1 to do the prep work. Not sure what time he finished, but would be just a few hours at most as they weren’t there when I got home.

did a full day (not sure how many).

they were finished by the morning of the third day.

I don’t know how many were actually working at one time or what time they finished.

I hope this makes a bit more sense. If you think I’m BS I can always give screen shots because you all are thinking Im making it up

he came at around 1 to do the prep work. Not sure what time he finished, but would be just a few hours at most as they weren’t there when I got home.

I don’t know how many were actually working at one time or what time they finished.

I hope this makes a bit more sense. If you think I’m BS I can always give screen shots because you all are thinking Im making it up

just seems bizarre. not trying to upset you.

Owner and his two sons.

One afternoon they (two) came to fill in the ceiling holes/prep walls. Next day and a half they did the ceilings. I think they finished one and then started the other.

I don’t know who did the wall as I was working. Parents were present for the ceiling,
How big are the ceiling's and walls
Ok I will get all the pictures on my phone and will give a full update.
As I said before - MANC ONE. Location and number. What would be offensive if it was man cone unless your name is Trevor Smith ;)
As a light hearted side issue, who is Trevor Smith

Screenshots please

How big are the ceiling's and walls

As a light hearted side issue, who is Trevor Smith
Google him, I dont want to ruin the surprise: include cone.
Rooms are about 20m square with coving in both rooms. Wall is 2.8m high and has a door. He also did the inside of the door, the frame.
What would be a reasonable charge?

Has my ceiling skimmed after I removed the wallpaper.

looked good until I painted it and I saw small spots every where. Also the plaster got small holes in two area (well like a blister I popped).

Got the same guy to do two internal walls. Same thing happened apart from the wall feels bumpy. I’m yet to paint the wall so I know the painting hasn’t caused the issues.

The wall was a bit dodgy to begin with - the plaster kept on blistering when I painted. New Polyfilla would fall of when I painted. So I removed as much that was loose and plaster PVA, left it a week and came back.
The wall looks ok - plaster is sticking to the walls I’m just concerned when I paint it will look bad.
Get the expert in next time

Attachments

• IMG_20181009_133211.jpg
    IMG_20181009_133211.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 241