Priming walls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

hi folks just looking for your opinions, got a job to top coat that has been scratch coated for over a month, it's k-rend goin onto s+c . I was just going to dampen with water beforehand but I was speaking to a k-rend rep and he said to prime with sbr 4 parts water to 1 sbr (not sure if that was ratio he said). What's your thoughts? Thanks..

I would do a test panel to see how fast it pulls in. Did you scratch it, do you know if/how much waterproofer is in it?

Last thing you want is the K-Rend slumping down the wall.

Cheers guys, nice to hear other opinions. I just doused some water onto a panel to see what the suction was like and it looked not to bad..
Tried priming a panel with sbr and water (never done that before) then fired the k-rend on, finished putting it on for back of ten and scraped by half four.
Hand applying sucks, especially on your own

deffo prime it, going over other peoples work without knowing the scratch mix will/can cause all sorts, least if you prime it it should aid for an even suction.

ou not got your pump any more ?

No warrior, i am on my own now. It was the company I worked for that bought the sp11, great bit of kit but you need some guys with the odd brain cell alongside you while using it, which unfortunately I never had.
Still do a lot of work for them and use it for floor screeds though..

Is microgobetis pretty good? Do you put it on the day before or whats the crack?

No warrior, i am on my own now. It was the company I worked for that bought the sp11, great bit of kit but you need some guys with the odd brain cell alongside you while using it, which unfortunately I never had.
Still do a lot of work for them and use it for floor screeds though..

Is microgobetis pretty good? Do you put it on the day before or whats the crack?
As far as I remember there isnt a time on the tub. It says touch dry

Status
Not open for further replies.