pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkh

hey all I'm new to the forum and thought id ask some advise.
iv been plastering for 4 years but on the books for a building contractors and was on an hourly rate, sometimes i would get a bit of price work for big areas of skimming,
i have recently been made redundant so working for myself now but the thing is i have no clue on pricing.
i have done jobs on the side for 100 a day but now working for myself a lot of people want a price for a job not day work.

do any of you guys go on sq m rate if so what am i looking for boarding/skimming etc

sorry for the long post but hopefully someone will give some good advice.

If your doing domestic pricing the best way is to estimate how long the job will take you times that by your day rate (mine is currently 200) plus materials it works for me anyway

i generally charge by the set mate, up to about 20/25 metres a set anyway..
domestic is a world away from site work..
100 quid a set normally..
that said ive been doin ceilings for 80 quid in the hope its gonna pull some more work in.. it doesnt work so i wouldnt bother..
youll tend to find you get a lot of little jobs on domestic so a 9m ceiling on 6 quid a metre aint worth you gettin out of bed once youve took materials, deisel, tax, etc..

I charge £150 a day+materials + extra £30 if ceilings are involved ( becuase you have too ! )
for this ill on average do 1 medium to large ( 5x5 M ) room a day including the lid on my own.

if you less than this you gonna have to charge less if you can do more charge more.

Status
Not open for further replies.