Pricing Work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Measure the square meterage divide it by the amount of bags of plaster required. Plus the amount of internal and external angles. Halve that then plus 1 for every year above 5 years experience. That's your hourly rate just a case of figuring out how many hours per job then.

I sense some sarcasm in your response, but what i'm trying to instill in you is, only you can decide what you are worth, and if you're scared of not winning a job due to price you will never get what you think you are worth, I do mainly site work but if and when i do a private/domestic job i want to make at least double what i can make on site for an easier days work, in other words don't under price yourself

Measure the square meterage divide it by the amount of bags of plaster required. Plus the amount of internal and external angles. Halve that then plus 1 for every year above 5 years experience. That's your hourly rate just a case of figuring out how many hours per job then.
you missed out reveals so now you have to go back to the drawing board and re-calculate your figures, gonna be a tough one :RpS_sneaky:

Lol 30 a day thats 2 much for a clown like u.

well nicky ,clemo sums it up perfectly and also got you weighed up, and judging by your reply to clemo you have an awful lot to learn, ... bottom line is this no wonder you are busy and have a lot of work on charging those prices, I can imagine the plasterers in Swansea wont be to happy about it either, and you want a price guide off the plasterers on this forum ,not asking much are you ,

I know under cutting someone is not nice and I'm not asking people to put their prices on here I've basically asked how much should I be charging someone as I don't know what the going rate is.. If I wanted a lecture of people I'd go see my mother!

Its hard for people on here to help u. when you come on here saying u work for 30 a day. Lets say i go price a job. Then u go price the same job. But your 5 times cheaper than me. That makes it a total waste of my time pricing the job.

Right and this is why I'm asking advice.. I'm not doing it intentionally? I've joined this site for advice not to have people give me stick I know my current price is to low and I don't expect people to give out there prices just want to know what mark roughly I should be looking at...

You have family who are in the building game and they should have advised you on this question, i am asume they were not helpful.

They told me it should be more but there in other trades and have been doing it for years my dads day rate prices are imo extreme.. So I just wanted advice of people in the same trade as me?

I'm pretty quick on the tools I have been doing this 5 years it's not like I've just started.. Just wanted advice of people on here but that seems to be hard as everyone on here thinks there God and was never in my position starting out.. They all became pros over night by the sound of it..

hi Nicky,
0vernight god with 34 years experience,:RpS_thumbsup: any pricing varies with the type of work you completing -internal, external -fibrous

price per m2 - price per hour - price per house /flat

there isn't one quick answer regarding pricing, it can be complex

hope you get some constructive advice - but the guys don't like to talk about pricing up on the forum

They told me it should be more but there in other trades and have been doing it for years my dads day rate prices are imo extreme.. So I just wanted advice of people in the same trade as me?

How can you say they are extreme. He must be getting work so id suggest not. Youre ******* the trade up for lads in your area. Its not difficult to work out a price. Keep adding More to your day rate until you start losing more jobs than you are winning

hi Nicky
i'm sure you will get some sound advice, but don't take any offence to some of the comments/banter, the guys are breaking you in gentle :RpS_thumbsup::RpS_lol:

Just a student but I mean if you are working for £30 a day then try going up to £40 a day and see if you are still getting work, then £50 then £60 and just base it on that. You'll soon get a feel for how much you want to earn and how long each job will take, so if you want £50 a day then you know I mean after 6 years you must know that will take me 1 day and a bag and a half of plaster plus a few quid in fuel.

The supposed going rate is irrelevant because it is only about the price you can obtain from customers not what another plasterer in Kent can get, the going rates for him - well you are not him and you are not in Kent. It is like a guy in Washington DC giving you his going rate. You don't have his skills or personality or geography.

I once had this explanation given to me, "My Saturday work is priced like this. £150 for me (extra if labourer is needed), £50 for materials and £25 for the van"

Whether you agree with the figures or not who cares. The method is sound. He isn't working on the Saturday for less than £150 for himself and a few quid in for the van while he is at it.

I mean, I guess, what the hell do I know? Absolutely nothing.But its how I'd do it. If and when I have the chance.

Dude take no notice of the banter and don't take it to heart this is Just Like a day on site in text form bouncing off gunning each other down all in good humour.

Everyone has been in your situation I'm sure when they were starting off I was same when it come to do my 1st foreigner jobs working for a firm I was paid by the hour so was not clued up at all on pricing up so it took some time and trial end error and just asking other skimmers a rough pricing plan . Either sq meterage or day rate. Round here it's roughly 130 a day. What's minimum wage at the moment something like 6 50 an hour ish? It's a physical job that if you put the hours and effort in you will go home shattered every night 15 - 20 quid an hour would not be frowned upon considering the graft and skill it takes even for a beginner. Have a mooch on job websites see what they are offering for plasterers per hour

Thanks mate.. I said that earlier like they haven't been in my position once apon a time and I was on hourly wage working for my old boss and he wouldn't share his prices as much as I tried to milk then out of it and cheers cowel

I was asked about pricing for jobs for family and friends today by some of our students in collage. Obviously you arnt going to charge them full wack (mates rates) but make sure you tell them it would cost x amount for anyone else. What you will find say if you skimmed a full bathroom for your uncle for lets say...120 but your price should have been 320 if you don't state to him that that's how much it would have cost without (mates rates) he will mention it to his Mates in work and they will want you to come do there's for the same time... See what I'm getting at? Always make it clear that they are getting massive discount because jobs for family and friends can get out of hand

Yeah I get what you mean I've had a lot of work from family and friends of family cause I dashed my cousins extension/wash room and plastered it for I think was £260 but I see what your getting at!

Worst thing to do is price low and say nothing. The customer might think that is the normal price and won't even know u are doing him a favour

I got paid in vodka for doing someone a favour and I'm drinking it now. Cheap ass nasty Aldi Vodka, tastes like paintstripper!

Still drinking it though I mean whatyagonnado not drink it? Sod off.

Nicky. I'm intrigued.
How much did your old boss pay you?
What made you arrive at the figure of £30 as being the correct starting price?
Would u not rather charge 60 a day and do half the work? Or 90 and do a third? Or go crazy and charge 300 and work 1 day every 2 weeks for the same money? If u get my point.

Ffs this thread is ridiculous!!!
You must know 30 a day is to low as it's below minimum wage.i haven't seem your standard of work but if you don't know what you are worth sell your tools and get a job in lidl's pal

Status
Not open for further replies.