pricing this job

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=2]Plastering prices and completion times[/h]All of our prices include labour and materials but exclude VAT.
JobDetailsTypical prrice quotedPrice rangeTypical time to complete job
Survey conducted in July 2012
Re-plaster room - smallRoom size approx 7’ x 7’1” (2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£255£206-£3051–1.5 days
Re-plaster room - mediumRoom size approx 10’10” x 9’10” (3.3m x 3m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£290£225-£3741–2 days
Re-plaster large roomRoom size approx 20’ x 16’6” (6.1m x 5.03m). Walls only. Over skimming/cosmetic finish 5-8mm on top of existing plaster.£400£280-£4502–3 days
Plaster room - smallRoom size approx 7’ x 7’1” (2.13m x 2.16m). Walls only. Remove existing plaster. Dry line and skim, cosmetic finish.£530£395-£6962–3 days
Plaster room - mediumRoom size approx 10’10” x 9’ 10” (3.3m x 3m). Walls only. Remove existing plaster. Dry line and skim, cosmetic finish.£630£480-£7662–3 days
Plaster room - largeRoom size approx 20’ x 16’6” (6.1m x 5.03m). Walls only. Remove existing plaster. Dry line and skim, cosmetic finish.£985£705-£1,0633-4 days
Plaster ceiling - smallRoom size approx 7’ x 7’1” (2.13m x 2.16m). Overboard and plaster.£228£175-£2936–10 hours
Plaster ceiling - mediumRoom size approx 10’10” x 9’10” (3.3m x 3m). Overboard and plaster.£285£225-£3638–12 hours
Plaster ceiling - largeRoom size approx 20’ x 16’6” (6.1m x 5.03m). Overboard and plaster.£450£342-£6132–3 days
Render exterior walls of a standard two-bed bungalowFlat render, sponge finish. Assuming no scaffolding needed.£1,900£1,298-£2,4504–6 days
Render exterior walls of a standard three-bed semi-detached, two-storey houseFlat render, sponge finish.£3,800£2,900-£4,0005–8 days
Render exterior walls of a standard four-bed detached two-storey houseFlat render, sponge finish.£4,500£3,600-£6,0001–2 weeks

these threads irritate the arse out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you don't know how to price the work then you shouldn't be doing the job in the first place....

I wouldn't mind but REALY???? it couldn't be a simpler job!!!!! FFS not like Wallcreteing a foookin lighthouse or oilrig or summett!!!!!!!:RpS_cursing:
£98 a room

Attachments

• 1410323693276.jpg
    1410323693276.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 287
Plasterers: how much should you pay? - Which? Local

I know its a no no discussing prices on here but seen loads of threads about cowboys, 6 week coursers doing it cheap there has to be a precedent.

Iv done a 6 week course & I know others on here have also, I price jobs fair depending on the work needed, instead of focusing on people who do courses in a negative light I would suggest u focus on ur plastering, u say u have been plastering for 10 years yet u don't know how to fill a gap in plasterboard lol, u don't know how to price a simple days work up ha ha ha, I would suggest u take a course yourself as ur dad must of been a proper cowboy spread if u know naff all after spending all that time working together. Also u seem a little dim so if u feel the need to reply in a confrontational way take a seat & really think about ur reply as I have nothing to hide (like u) & I will have a answer for anything which will only have 1 outcome & that's leaving u look like the fool that u are

Iv done a 6 week course & I know others on here have also, I price jobs fair depending on the work needed, instead of focusing on people who do courses in a negative light I would suggest u focus on ur plastering, u say u have been plastering for 10 years yet u don't know how to fill a gap in plasterboard lol, u don't know how to price a simple days work up ha ha ha, I would suggest u take a course yourself as ur dad must of been a proper cowboy spread if u know naff all after spending all that time working together. Also u seem a little dim so if u feel the need to reply in a confrontational way take a seat & really think about ur reply as I have nothing to hide (like u) & I will have a answer for anything which will only have 1 outcome & that's leaving u look like the fool that u are

lmfao says you hahaa plasterer really.....it was a bit more than a gap in plasterboard......and I did know how to solve it hence my earlier posts if you can actually read

lmfao says you hahaa plasterer really.....it was a bit more than a gap in plasterboard......and I did know how to solve it hence my earlier posts if you can actually read

I can read, I read all ur posts, 10 years in the game I think not, asking questions I was asking in my 1st week lol, at least I'm honest about it. By the way I do apologise if u r physically or mentally challenged

I've been on a course for 6 weeks and a lot more. 10 months to go.

You must be one of them speed readers, speed skimmers. Either that or we're all just r******d having to spend years learning what you did in 6 weeks lol.

Iv done a 6 week course & I know others on here have also, I price jobs fair depending on the work needed, instead of focusing on people who do courses in a negative light I would suggest u focus on ur plastering, u say u have been plastering for 10 years yet u don't know how to fill a gap in plasterboard lol, u don't know how to price a simple days work up ha ha ha, I would suggest u take a course yourself as ur dad must of been a proper cowboy spread if u know naff all after spending all that time working together. Also u seem a little dim so if u feel the need to reply in a confrontational way take a seat & really think about ur reply as I have nothing to hide (like u) & I will have a answer for anything which will only have 1 outcome & that's leaving u look like the fool that u are

:RpS_scared:

Your doing jobs after a 6 week course.......definantely gonna have to learn new trade lol will be priced out thinking about bespoke tiling in all seriousness is on another thread but there's so many do it all companies now independent plastering will be thing of the past :)

Your doing jobs after a 6 week course.......definantely gonna have to learn new trade lol will be priced out thinking about bespoke tiling in all seriousness is on another thread but there's so many do it all companies now independent plastering will be thing of the past :)

Yep & iv been plastering for 9 months now & loving it, not under pricing nothing as I have a very good business background & I am running a business after all & seem to be doing ok at it thanks

We all know short course lads who do well and time served fellas who are rough as shite and the reverse- its down to the individual

Where it goes wrong is where short course fellas try and k rend some poor buggers £million pound house

Or as I found out today from a customer I had booked in for two weeks time their mate does a bit of plastering so they are going to let him do it dream kitchen they have saved up five years for hope they put extra away to put it right as when I asked he works in a foundry! They even had the cheek to ask if he gets stuck or don't leave it as good a finish as a plasterer could they ring me for advise!! I said only advise I can give you is tell your mate ile do it haha cheek of some folk

It's really all the same just a different name

Or as I found out today from a customer I had booked in for two weeks time their mate does a bit of plastering so they are going to let him do it dream kitchen they have saved up five years for hope they put extra away to put it right as when I asked he works in a foundry! They even had the cheek to ask if he gets stuck or don't leave it as good a finish as a plasterer could they ring me for advise!! I said only advise I can give you is tell your mate ile do it haha cheek of some folk

So what you gonna do when they ring you half way to tears asking if you can fix that job! As though advice would help...

Serious question would you go in and fix up a knacker job? I mean its a pride thing innit, it was you job, they get it done on the cheap basically giving you the finger and then come whinging back. What is your usual thought?

There not really giving you two fingers they r seeing if they can get away with a cheaper price. It mite pay off it may not. Its not personal

So what you gonna do when they ring you half way to tears asking if you can fix that job! As though advice would help...

Serious question would you go in and fix up a knacker job? I mean its a pride thing innit, it was you job, they get it done on the cheap basically giving you the finger and then come whinging back. What is your usual thought?

I prob would go back to have a look .... And then tell them it's gonna cost twice as much now old foundry Freddie's had a go at it ! Some people don't understand bad plastering can make or break jobs but money talks so if the geezers doin it for 50 a day let them see what they get for it I bet I could put it on better with a burger bun

Seen jobs like that before.. i quoted x and someone went round and quoted less than 50% lower. I said cus you will get what u pay for. He turned round and said if its shite ill jist sand it and hung up...

Seen jobs like that before.. i quoted x and someone went round and quoted less than 50% lower. I said cus you will get what u pay for. He turned round and said if its shite ill jist sand it and hung up...

As a student I've done enough bad jobs myself to know sandpaper will only get you so far. And judging of what I've seen some of the Professional Chancers do, they're even worse.

Jackhammer would be a good start :D

Status
Not open for further replies.