Pricing of plan

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

heafy

Evening gents, I've had some plans sent to me for a new school that's getting built and looking at it I don't know where to start to be honest. In the pack they have also sent 3 pages with everythin that needs tobbe supplied i.e angle beads for plasterboards: 2274m, render spec M20/160- Walls over 300 wide; to blockwork: 356m2, plasterboard linings to beams with knauf encasement system- 600 to girth;3 nr faces:2193m.
Obviously I know the beads is the linear meterage but does anyone have a clue what the other measurements are about.

there is a code of practice for measured works mate that why things are quoted to you as greater than or less than 300mm wide the smm7 explains this fully.
the casement to beams will prob be a fire rated spec for the steel knauf instead of bg, you will find the spec from knauf and what fixing components you will need to do the work usually. plus you will prob be expected to include an all in price for example metal-board-and plaster meter rate

Do u think the smm7 book would be a good buy if your thinking of tendering for bigger jobs. I've never provided a tender before so feel a bit out of depth, I'm confident I can cope with the work load of bigger jobs it's just sortin out preparing quantities on a bigger scale that I'm not used to.

Contact several suppliers giving the the specs. Should at least get an average figure of quantities required. Hopefuly they'll be able to also sort out the exact spec per material required.

I'm gonna knock this 1 on the head I think, to much hassle in such a short space of time, I only received them Thursday and they want the price in for monday si only leaves me till tomorrow really to get it in the post

heafy said:
I'm gonna knock this 1 on the head I think, to much hassle in such a short space of time, I only received them Thursday and they want the price in for monday si only leaves me till tomorrow really to get it in the post

That normally means the job is already let and they will be using you for a price comparison with their normal plasterers. Don't waste your time.

you prob are more than capable of the work (on the tools) but with tendering for commercial contracts the hassle is in the paperwork, if you dont prepare your bid correctly and present it on time they will just sling it in the bin without even reading it, its not something I would recommend without first hiring a Q.S and checking the construction laws on which you will be working under or at least get a consultant to asess how much risk they are putting onto you. its a flippin mare these days pricing up pal and like Tony M says there you prob been asked to make up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.