Pricing Help.

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
I'm pricing up a bit of a job at the moment and wondering what to charge.

Float and set a corner here. Make good.

IMG_1876.JPG

Build out and skim two window walls @2.4x3.6 Windows are 2.6x1.8 Replace skirting and sills.

Paint. and generally make good.

Repaint front door gloss black outside and British racing green inside.

Door is standard size with side panels approx 600mm with glass uppers.

Repaint hand rails. They are 1.2 high, approx. 3 floors, so six lifts to cover 3 half landings. Customer specifies British racing green. Hammerite. There are 9 uprights on a lift. Handrail is approx 3inches wide.

Photo of other building's ironworks after the painter had made a mess.

IMG_1914.JPG

Repaint all flat doors. There are six standard doors with four indented panels. White. To be glossed. Two per floor excepr on the ground floor.

Insulate attic with 300mm knauf rockwool. Entrance to attic is through one of the flats. Attic is 81m2

Wondering what to charge.

Customer has allowed 2 days for remedial plastering works.
4 days for emulsion and skirting.
1 day to do loft.
2 days for ironworks
1 day to do doors

Customer has allowed £620 for materiels....what should I charge? My day rate is £180....please help.

If you fall for this you're a mong.

I'm pricing up a bit of a job at the moment and wondering what to charge.

Float and set a corner here. Make good.

View attachment 28130

Build out and skim two window walls @2.4x3.6 Windows are 2.6x1.8 Replace skirting and sills.

Paint. and generally make good.

Repaint front door gloss black outside and British racing green inside.

Door is standard size with side panels approx 600mm with glass uppers.

Repaint hand rails. They are 1.2 high, approx. 3 floors, so six lifts to cover 3 half landings. Customer specifies British racing green. Hammerite. There are 9 uprights on a lift. Handrail is approx 3inches wide.

Photo of other building's ironworks after the painter had made a mess.

View attachment 28131
Repaint all flat doors. There are six standard doors with four indented panels. White. To be glossed. Two per floor excepr on the ground floor.

Insulate attic with 300mm knauf rockwool. Entrance to attic is through one of the flats. Attic is 81m2

Wondering what to charge.

Customer has allowed 2 days for remedial plastering works.
4 days for emulsion and skirting.
1 day to do loft.
2 days for ironworks
1 day to do doors

Customer has allowed £620 for materiels....what should I charge? My day rate is £180....please help.

If you fall for this you're a mong.
£10.50

Break it down to what you will do per day. Be realistic. Day one backing plaster. And prep door. Day 2 skim walls and uc door. Day 3 mask up and sand railings. Then at the end you will have the number of days so times your day rate plus materials. Don't adjust day rate and don't underestimate time needed

Oh. It takes time to work out how you need to plan each day. Go walk around job again if needed. Like I said be realistic. Also stick to the plan day to day and try keep ahead of your schedule. I have plans so I look at what I'm doing in each day and have half days to snag up dropped in on jobs over 7 days long as I get behind sometimes