Pricing by the meter

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Laser measurer and the first measurement I take in a room if I am doing walls is the ceiling height and then measure walls then reveals and heads etc last.
My rate is higher for reveals and heads due to beading up.

I know a plasterer who gets minimum £5 a metre and he does go up to £8 a metre on smaller stuff. but that is for other builders.
Just remember some of the boys will put a thin coat on to save on materials, seen that before

I rarely get a tape out on most domestics or extensions I can measure the boards and skim with my eyes but if it's damp I usually wear glasses lol

Hello all,

first off, not too concerned about the actual costs here, more interested to know if there's a 'universal' method of pricing up work by the meter.

I normally just measure surface area of the room ( LxWxH) and include windows and doors in the meterage rate to make up for reveals/ returns on standard chimney breast etc.

However, I'm trying to sub out a bit of work at the moment and the lads work on linear and square meters...... Just trying to make sure I price up 'correctly' I suppose, so everyone happy!

whats the consensus, general rules?

ta
SMM7 or NRM are the standard ways google them :RpS_sneaky:

Who cares if they want a m2 price, you're the boss, give them x amount of work to do for x amount of beer tokens. If they don't like it someone else will

Linear is anything under 300mm. If you can get the same rate as pet m2 you are doing well. Most QS' will put it at 50%. Then X amount per meter for bead. Even better if they are big openings get paid for going through them.

I can't believe someone can submit work out and not understand all of the ways of measuring. Bet there has been some arguments.

House builders tend to give you the price for the whole job.If you convert it to a sq mtr price you will find it is ****. This is why I don't housebash.

Well nowadays you can usually go of plan, I know guys that have priced from a set of plans, most developers now tend to do it unit price per house if new build.

Sounds to me this guy is not in the trade if he doesn't know how to price up :RpS_cursing:

Well nowadays you can usually go of plan, I know guys that have priced from a set of plans, most developers now tend to do it unit price per house if new build.

Sounds to me this guy is not in the trade if he doesn't know how to price up :RpS_cursing:

Dry your eyes pal.

As I said, only ever knocked up a few gauges in my life, ain't got a clue what I'm doing.

When did you start? Today
A few more than that, just advanced to emptying out the snotts bucket, so at least a week.

If you fancy some work though, I got some to sub out if you're interested!!!! Just don't bother talking linear meters.....I'm sticking to the super measure!!

Measure all around the building in linear metres, and then the height in linear metres and multiple the two figures. Then multiple by 100 and give me a call I'll be there in a flash

Confession.

I've never ever priced a job by the metre :RpS_scared:

Why is it necessary????
I'm sure the house-builders have a 'per unit' price so if you give them a price they've got the bottom line figure anyhow. So what's the reason for all this measuring up??????????

Domestic, large extensions etc

Status
Not open for further replies.