price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, normally just do work for geeral public but private house builder / self build asked me for a price per sq m on his new build three storey house - i've said £5 sq m for plasterboarding and £7.50 skim - labour only as all materials supplied

i think i'm a bit high on price sq m - what do you guys think?

ajplastering said:
hi, normally just do work for geeral public but private house builder / self build asked me for a price per sq m on his new build three storey house - i've said £5 sq m for plasterboarding and £7.50 skim - labour only as all materials supplied

i think i'm a bit high on price sq m - what do you guys think?

At current rates on new build you're about three times the going rate on the tacking and two and a half times the rate on the skimming, and I'm not talking about tight prices, as at the rates I've said you still wouldn't be sure of getting the job no matter how good you are in Essex.

thanks essex andy - at roughly £1.50 for boarding and £3 for skimming i wouldnt even bother turning up - know now why i never wanted to work on sites - unless its my houses been built lol

merlin - yes can be fussy cause plastering is not my full time job and i dont do site work normally as you have to work like a dog to earn lots

cant get £5 on skimming round our way now, more like £3.50 supply, dont even bother pricing em now, just renders and screeds now.

yea its cause all site plasterers are doing private work at silly prices - roll on when site work gets busy then they can all go back to site

richardbrown said:
thats the subbies price not the contractors price. if you are going direct you can charge more
richardbrown said:
id go in at £5 on the skim and £3.50 on the board

All I can say is that round our way if you're working labour only for small builders you won't get "contractor rates", the rates you quoted Rich aren't far off the supply and fix rates round here.

merlin said:
beds mate , but id travel,lol

Think anyone would travel at 7.50 for skim only, I could do it for half and AJ wouldnt even have to turn up to make the other half ;D ;D

essexandy said:
richardbrown said:
thats the subbies price not the contractors price. if you are going direct you can charge more
richardbrown said:
id go in at £5 on the skim and £3.50 on the board

All I can say is that round our way if you're working labour only for small builders you won't get "contractor rates", the rates you quoted Rich aren't far off the supply and fix rates round here.

IM humble O, It dont matter weather you are a contractor or a subbie. you are the plasterer the one who produces the work so it all depends on where on the ladder you come into the job if its direct then you ask for your price if you do it via another contractor or main contractor then you allow for a discount.
if you need to hire subbies in and you are employing and processing their wages then yes you need more money to cover the overhead but if its just you then do it for what price you think is reasonable for quality of work you are going to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.