Price work or Day Rate..?

Depends how quick and good you are and what the work is , a 400 meter house on board can earn good money , but a 400 meter re skim is different

I have never heard before calling JSA price work or dayrate

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Price on domestics if day rate they'll want you there at 8 and not leaving till 5

Price all the time, only do day work for a bloke I contract for that's me getting there at 8.30/9 and leaving at 3. 2 sets.

Price always.
You are in control, leave what time you want and have the option to graft your arse off to earn more...

on site work we would give a price then book daywork to cover the problems that arise. extra thickness, time wasted when they have other workers in your way etc.

on site work we would give a price then book daywork to cover the problems that arise. extra thickness, time wasted when they have other workers in your way etc.
That's a running theme on the sites I work on, other trades in the way stuff not ready etc

I've been helping a builder out since June, top fella and he keeps getting jobs (extensions and such), it looks like he is booked up until May next year. It's alot of dot and dab, boarding, skim ...Nice work to go at.

The problem I have is I agreed a day rate and I am happy with the money, but I feel I'm missing out on my own jobs for serious money.

Perhaps I should be just grateful for what I have. :)

Got to watch for other trades trying to trip you up too, it does happen.

I've been helping a builder out since June, top fella and he keeps getting jobs (extensions and such), it looks like he is booked up until May next year. It's alot of dot and dab, boarding, skim ...Nice work to go at.

The problem I have is I agreed a day rate and I am happy with the money, but I feel I'm missing out on my own jobs for serious money.

you can not have your cake and eat it to.
you have got your head down for the winter, have a rethink in the spring.
winter is not the time to leave regular work to start on you own jobs. i have noticed a slow down this week we have had 3 jobs in this week when we usually get that in on a Monday on its own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pug

Ask for a payrise buddy, say you getting lots of calls and cant keep turning them away for the current rate....he'll huff and puff but if he likes your work and can rely on you he'll see good sense

Shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. See if he'll let you have a day or two a week for your own work.

Shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. See if he'll let you have a day or two a week for your own work.
That's what I do! 4 days subbying 2 days my own jobs, see how things go in the new year but I'm tempted to sack off the subbying and just concentrate on my own stuff.

you can not have your cake and eat it to.
you have got your head down for the winter, have a rethink in the spring.
winter is not the time to leave regular work to start on you own jobs. i have noticed a slow down this week we have had 3 jobs in this week when we usually get that in on a Monday on its own.
I think that is the wisest advice, I am happy with what my rate is and the bloke is 100% straight, always squares me up.

The grass isn't always greener ( especially in November and December ).

I think that is the wisest advice, I am happy with what my rate is and the bloke is 100% straight, always squares me up.

The grass isn't always greener ( especially in November and December ).
Remember the guys that give it the big one, I'm earning this I'm earning that, they never seem to tell you about the days they earn f**k all.

In the exact same position mate, fell like I don't get a chance to get stuck into work sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've earnt feck all for 19 days this month. Watched 2 seasons of the walking dead and finished a few jobs round the house though!
Out of interest mate (not being a c**t just wondering) did you have insurance when you got ill...i knew a woman a few years ago who got throat cancer (33 and didnt smoke strangely) and insurance paid her mortgage off and paid her a wage while she was ill

Out of interest mate (not being a c**t just wondering) did you have insurance when you got ill...i knew a woman a few years ago who got throat cancer (33 and didnt smoke strangely) and insurance paid her mortgage off and paid her a wage while she was ill
I did mate. Didn't pay a wage but cleared my mortgage. No other debts so we don't need much to live on, as long as I clear the bills, have some cash for fun and manange to to put a bit by for a rainy day, we're laughing.

I did mate. Didn't pay a wage but cleared my mortgage. No other debts so we don't need much to live on, as long as I clear the bills, have some cash for fun and manange to to put a bit by for a rainy day, we're laughing.
Think I should get some of that isurance...atleast one good thing came out of a bad situation(y)

Reactions: Pug

Theres more to life than money mate...glad you got your health back pug.