price to skim ceiling over artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done 1 of these today it was a light stipple artex. £260 Finished by 2 oclock. (2 of us).
Gave it a scrape back with floor scraper to get the highest peaks off. Tight coat of bonding then multi when tht had set. p!ss case ::)

Its interesting to read how everyone slightly differs although I do recall Segs wittering on about skinning cats in another thread and that the end result was a skinned cat, no matter how it was done - However, i read with interest that most of you will put a tight coat of bonding on AFTER scraping off the high points - I've only ever scraped, PVA'd and then skimmed - does the bonding not add even more weight to an otherwise 'risky' job - Only ask as I've seen a freshly skimmed artex ceiling come down before and its soul destroying

Not poo pooing the bonding step, just would have thought 2 thickish coats of multi would do the same job ?? ( Depending on how much you scrape back the artex I suppose )

When I bond out artex its just a tight coat literally knock it up wet like finish, not had one drop on me yet!!...

Site work money.....lol its a 10m2 ceiling not a big lounge.

lol

Danny

it has to be thick old artex before ill bond it out... i usually put a thick coat of skim on first (kinock it up thick, it'll go on thick), and let that pull in more than normal before i top it, works for me...
i always make sure i completely cover the artex with the first coat though.. anything less and even if the topping just covers it, when its dry it'll show through..

Just done one today. Stippled and not too deep. PVA and two thickish coats of multi. Jobs a goodun and home by 2!

Oh and the cat's mine..... so I was wittering was I :(

Ha ha sorry dpbeds, not wittering, more informative droning ! It seems we've all been skimming over artex this week - got in about 1.30 today having done a kitchen ceiling - Keep on spreading !

Just done one today. Stippled and not too deep. PVA and two thickish coats of multi. Jobs a goodun and home by 2!

Oh and the cat's mine..... so I was wittering was I  :(
nooooo, it wa me that was wittering... i said something like ' i think dp's cat just walked in, all shaved and ready to be skinned'...
;D

Status
Not open for further replies.