Price over phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Had a phone call a couple of days ago asking me for a price on an extension, wanted to know my metreage rates over the phone.... clown. Told him I would need to see either the extension or some plans, so went over this mourning to look at the plans, whilst stood in his conservatory looking at the plans I offered him my file of recommendations to look at, his reply " I don't need to look at that or know anything about you because if the job isn't perfect you won't get payed, I didn't pay the lad that plastered this conservatory ha ha just make sure your price is really cheap". Now by this stage I had taken a real dislike to the man so said "I'll price the job how I see fit and you can either take it or leave it as I'm not that bothered either way on such a small job". Now I know that I wont get the job but I can't help thinking that whoever does do the bricklaying, plastering, plumbing and carpentry is going to have something found wrong with their work and struggle to get their money.
Funny how the trades always get bad mouthed and you never hear of twa-s like this getting their comeuppance

We're not that rude from snobby Danbury unlike rough old Dunmow ;D ;D
Actually felt more like kicking him in the bollox, that must be the Basildon coming out in me (I was born in the windy city). ::)

its where every 4 years the people of the town stand in front of a judge and tell him they are still happly married and the ones judged to be telling the truth get a flitch of bacon half a pig to you and me proper weird mate

Lets hope that flitch hasn't had flu!
It really is true Church what a strange place, they also seem to have this old tradition of the youth of the village throwing dog turds at any freshly rendered house (bit of a surprise the first time you see it but you get used to it after a while).

essexandy said:
Lets hope that flitch hasn't had flu!
It really is true Church what a strange place, they also seem to have this old tradition of the youth of the village throwing dog turds at any freshly rendered house (bit of a surprise the first time you see it but you get used to it after a while).
;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.