Price for webertherm xm 40 houses birmingham

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I've been asked to quote for the installation of webertherm xm on 40 houses in Birmingham, the price is for labour only and includes installing all beads then 2-6mm of base coat with mesh embedded and then webertherm xm on top, which is a monocouche as some will know for insulation walls.( waiting on spec to be sent over to confirm spec but I'm sure this is pretty close)

Each house will be boarded by other enablers / boarders before commencement of top coat.

The houses are all council houses so not on a site as such,so will have to allow for good clear up on each house.

I would need to do 10 houses a week but can only do about 3 as I'm only a small contractor who mainly works for private homeowners, so would need 1 or 2 gangs who are interested in doing this with me.

The job is a pilot job and if all goes well could lead to more work eg 1000s of houses or so I have been told!

Not to sure if I can leave my email could someone please let me know before I post it as I don't want to break any rules as I'm a good boy !
So who's interested and what are the rates, cheers

Just leave your e_mail or No mate, oh and good luck , i've priced, quite a few of these with no luck , was subbying to a rendering contractor on one of these sites, but we Both ended up pulling off the site, then i was approached by a company from the South to price the base coat/mesh n dashing !!

Ok cheers my email is mnkymartin@aol.com if anyone wants to register their interest reply to this email please, also include expected price per sqm so I can get back to this guy in the next 24 hours to let him know a price !

work the rates out yourself, if your in the game, you can do this stood on your head.

work the rates out yourself, if your in the game, you can do this stood on your head.

I do private work only, thats all I have ever done, but this opportunity has arisen and i wouldn't mind giving it a go but as you will know I can get away with charging more privately but the runs of work are not so consistent as 10 houses a week. I know how much I would charge but if im to get other contractors to help out I will need to know how much they will be wanting, each man has their price ! I need to get back to this guy with a realistic price to have a chance to take on this contract. I can get away with £30 a meter labour privately but there is no way I would get the work at this price.
I dont know the going rate on site and thats what im after and also somebody willing to take on 5-7 houses a week if anybody wants to chat abut this, please feel free to ring me on 07866731645, thanks Martin Jones.

I reckon labour only you would be lucky to get £15 m2 also you would need method statements risk assessments etc in place before you start and they ain't cheap

I reckon labour only you would be lucky to get £15 m2 also you would need method statements risk assessments etc in place before you start and they ain't cheap

Thanks for your response, I will speak to the guy tomorrow as far as risk accessments ect, although he has over 80 guys on the books doing thin coat ewi all over England and wales so I think he will be the main contractor and be able to sort this, he just wants someone to bang on the mono as he has got his hands full with all the enabling and thin coat systems and dont want to drag his lads off other jobs as they dont do the mono.

Also guys ive just seen the spec and its a piece of piss 6-8mm of webertherm m1 straight on top of insulation then mesh in bedded then a further 7-9mm of m1 then scrape back finish minimum finish 12mm. One thing I did notice is scrape back is 18-24 hours after spread, it said in spec that it has slower setting time to allow for hand application too if needs be!

this job is in partnership with the council he just sent over the whole proposal and brochure. Its all legit

I do private work only, thats all I have ever done, but this opportunity has arisen and i wouldn't mind giving it a go but as you will know I can get away with charging more privately but the runs of work are not so consistent as 10 houses a week. I know how much I would charge but if im to get other contractors to help out I will need to know how much they will be wanting, each man has their price ! I need to get back to this guy with a realistic price to have a chance to take on this contract. I can get away with £30 a meter labour privately but there is no way I would get the work at this price.
I dont know the going rate on site and thats what im after and also somebody willing to take on 5-7 houses a week if anybody wants to chat abut this, please feel free to ring me on 07866731645, thanks Martin Jones.

Exactly so if i say i want £5m he says he wants £10m and they say they want £15m your still in the same place you are in, you need to price it yourself then tell the lads this is the rate do you want it or not? you cant pay different rates to each one and expect nobody to say anything so put in what you want and enough to cover your arse and if its too dear thats the name of the game.

most the council work i seen round my way seems to be mainly young peole 18 to 25 yrs old very poor quality work but dont think council dont knows difference between poor and good and they seem to get away with it or good back hander to right people may be .

so you think that you are going to sub contract this work from a sub contractor and then sub let the work again ?

Last edited:
so you think that you are going to sub contract this work from a sub contractor and then sub let the work again ?

Or do it in partnership, if it means being able to undertake this work, at the end of the day if i could do 5 houses a week and somebody do 5 a week alongside me its a win win situation, doing ten on my own is not realistic at the moment with the size of my company.

be very wary, that would be my advice.....
do a bit of research on the guy/outfit for instance at companies house, just because they are a big outfit,with a good order book, doesnt mean they are financially sound

I've done plenty of mono jobs but not used the webertherm xm although technical guy at weber said its same as pral m but a polymer render !

What type of houses are they? 5 sounds a lot if your only a small firm. Preparation,weather, clean up,mask up,obstacles all need to be considered before submitting your price.

be very wary, that would be my advice.....
do a bit of research on the guy/outfit for instance at companies house, just because they are a big outfit,with a good order book, doesnt mean they are financially sound

Yeah I know there's no chance I will take it on before I do my research, I always make sure I'm well covered even with private customers.

Anyway I've give him the price now just waiting for him to get back, will let u guys know how it pans out if I get the job or not !

Not heard back from the guy, I went in at £15 per metre labour only, just thought i would let you guys know, thanks for advice !!

We were offered £13 but they wanted it boarded for that as well, said thankyou but no thankyou

you want to be looking for around £18 quid thats about what we get atm. Give me a shout if you need any lads we have a full 12 man plus available at the right place and price

they are doing a lot of similar work in plymouth with a labour only rate of £19 per m2 for insulation,fixings, base, meash and topcoat. I told them to get ****.ed

Status
Not open for further replies.