PRICE Check

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

alright lads iv priced to ceiling overboards last week and wondered how they compare to your prices , i feel iv garn a lil bit cheap but still ok money to be made.

ceiling 1 Kitchen
normal size a few height cupboards to work around ect
old flakey artex so will overboard with 9.5 and skim
price £250

would you push £300 here?

ceiling 2
9foot high living room ceiling about 3x4
old lath ceiling with woodchip paper on
so will knock of standerd coving and over board and skim ,then make good of were coving was
price £285
would you push £350 here?

i got both jobs

just fort it might be interesting to see what others say?
;)

4 days work for me but would have to come back to do the coving....

id charge £500 for both ceilings labour

wickes are doing 6X3 boards for £2.75 when u by 5 or more bargain.

day1 sheet up and snap a line were the joists r

day2 board both ceilings

day3 skim both ceilings and tidy up... probably 10 hour day

day4 fit coving- half day. job done

i think id got the price a bit wrong..... how about £500 1 days labour

day1. sheet up, snap lines, board both ceilings, skim ceilings & stick the coving up on the first coat.

job done. 8)

got that bit wrong guys, no coving 2 fit just remove and its 2 diffrent jobs and is easy 2 days

board and skim in a day is a standard speed?

dont see how u could do that in one day,,, on your own. plus u've never seen the job or know what size room they are........

SkyZOO said:
dont see how u could do that in one day,,, on your own. plus u've never seen the job or know what size room they are........

coz he put the room sizes down, and that is only one days work, overboard and skim , what's hard about that ???

oasis said:
why use 12.5 on an over board? 9.5 nice and light to put up.

they bend and snap also 12.5 pull any dips back up and if youve got any over they can be used for more things.

SkyZOO said:

day2 board both ceilings

4 days what the f*** u start at dinner and finish at 1. 10 hours to skim 2 ceilings. Id board them for dinner maybe 1 ish. tape up get them on for bout 2 ish in between troweling tidey up only keep whats needed water bucket trowel and the sheets. finish trowel. tools away role sheets up 1 more tidey round gone for 5 maybe 5:30. tell you what you private boys have got it easy

its not 2 ceilings! its 2 jobs, diffrent house's, on a domestic job 2 board and skim 1 ceiling in a day if ok going? unload a van sheet out house.. clear room find joist clean mess ,, talk pooh to customer cut boards and fit. scrim up clean up, lunch time .. skim ceiling (2 coats!) take away sheets clean room hover up, wipe down every thing to get rid of all the dust. put everything back in room . re fix light fixing ect loads van up done by 3pm-4pm next day next job. that's if you have a nice customer aswell.

wiganlad said:
SkyZOO said:

day2 board both ceilings

4 days what the f*** u start at dinner and finish at 1. 10 hours to skim 2 ceilings. Id board them for dinner maybe 1 ish. tape up get them on for bout 2 ish in between troweling tidey up only keep whats needed water bucket trowel and the sheets. finish trowel. tools away role sheets up 1 more tidey round gone for 5 maybe 5:30. tell you what you private boys have got it easy

...ha ha........i tell u what i dont give a fcuk if any of u can do the job in ten minutes. ill take 4 days over it.... dont u worry about that.

also painted a plasters work the other day work who'd been plastering for 30 year and it was s.h.i.t.e. and he was probably as quike as u wigaland.

also id like to see u skim and cove in the same day..... pm and ill drive to were u work and ill watch and laugh.

SkyZOO said:
also id like to see u skim and cove in the same day..... pm and ill drive to were u work and ill watch and laugh.

I was booked in to cove some flats a few years back, and turned up to find a plasterer still trowelling up. The site agent insisted that I followed the spread around, coving a room as he finished it. After making him sign a disclaimer, I got my mitre box out. Needless to say the coving went yellow after it was painted, only to be complimented by some mould shortly after.

sorry if i sounded like a c.o.c.k, but i like to take my time when working, weather its plastering or decorating or anything i do. i just feel better about it, if i take my time. i might not earn as much as u lads or be as good as u lads. but i do what i like, and i like what i do. and its as simple as that. :eek: :eek:

definatly had to much to drink to night............. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

site work turns you into an animal and you try and do the same on domestic kicking the cat and all that ...........or sniffing the wifes nicke...............

skyzoo - Skim & cove same day do it all the time mate.
Either board cove then skim all same day.
Or board skim then cove once skim has set.
If you cove on dry plaster you have to dampen it before coving it.
so by coving when plaster has set hard it's already damp.
Everyone I know does it this way.
I did all my house this way & it's still up 12yrs on. ;D

its nice to c people get thier knickers in a twist . maybe you could get spunky to snif them. and i aint been in it 30 yr jst 1 and did a job for simps 200m2 of skim in house in 3 hits whilst my mate set beads and pwder ready for the nxt day. and this you will have a laugh at they actualy paid me ;D and thanked me

Nisus said:
skyzoo - Skim & cove same day do it all the time mate.
Either board cove then skim all same day.
Or board skim then cove once skim has set.
If you cove on dry plaster you have to dampen it before coving it.
so by coving when plaster has set hard it's already damp.
Everyone I know does it this way.
I did all my house this way & it's still up 12yrs on. ;D

ill go one better.... paint cove, skim wall, paint cove again, trowel wall up, install cove, touch up corners...
best way, no f'cking around pvaing a 5" strip all the way round the room..
and use board adhesive..

Fair play chris that's ok as long as you get the painting job afterwards.
The firm I subbie to a bloke out the office asked me to put White vinyl silk in the artex once ???
Im waiting for the day he says can you put contract matt in board finish save us a trip back to paint it ;D

England lost oh well I'm p i s sed so I don't care :D

Time and time again i see the same things in reply to peoples questions and thats plasterers useing this site to do a bit of bragging about how fast they are, nowt to do with the poor lads question. Take a braggers word with a pinch of salt cos no ones blowing there trumpet for them so they got to do it there selfs. You take however long it takes and do a good job mate cos thats what matters- your reputation.

Time and time again i see the same things in reply to peoples questions and thats plasterers useing this site to do a bit of bragging about how fast they are, nowt to do with the poor lads question. Take a braggers word with a pinch of salt cos no ones blowing there trumpet for them so they got to do it there selfs. You take however long it takes and do a good job mate cos thats what matters- your reputation.

If you see this time and time again why did you comment on a 4 year old thread?

I did a 7 bag set once :)

Status
Not open for further replies.