Preparing walls for tiles.

Members online

SOCRATES63

Hi everyone. Total newbie here. Very green behind the gills.2 wall in bathroom were half tiled from the floor which I've removed to the brick. Can someone tell me how to remove tiles from behind wash basin and toilet cistern and pan.brackets holding basin and cistern rusted to hell. I want to replastered and re-tile both walls as originally done. Would I have to call in plumber to remove them for access? That would mean paying for the plumber twice, 1,to remove them and 2 to install new fittings, while the plasterer has replastered and the tiler has retailed, if you get my drift. Or is there a more common sense way of approaching this? Many thanks for any answers. Much appreciated.

Hi everyone. Total newbie here. Very green behind the gills.2 wall in bathroom were half tiled from the floor which I've removed to the brick. Can someone tell me how to remove tiles from behind wash basin and toilet cistern and pan.brackets holding basin and cistern rusted to hell. I want to replastered and re-tile both walls as originally done. Would I have to call in plumber to remove them for access? That would mean paying for the plumber twice, 1,to remove them and 2 to install new fittings, while the plasterer has replastered and the tiler has retailed, if you get my drift. Or is there a more common sense way of approaching this? Many thanks for any answers. Much appreciated.

you can’t remove tiles and replaster properly until basin and toilet removed. Have you checked for isolation valves to taps and toilet?

Smash em up and buy cheap toilet and basin for now then smash that up.
Then try to sell some s**t tape on the internet and then get your hands on the phone to see if you are going to have the right help and then the next step is to make sure that your account is in the right direction for the first time in your life or not for your family and friends to get your hands out of the project.

Break through the wall from outside until you get to the tiles behind the cistern and basin, remove tiles leaving the basin and cistern in place(y) then brick it back up.
Replastering and tiling again may be a bit more difficult thoo_O

Break through the wall from outside until you get to the tiles behind the cistern and basin, remove tiles leaving the basin and cistern in place(y) then brick it back up.
Replastering and tiling again may be a bit more difficult thoo_O
Or bulldoze house an start again for a laugh like?

Socrates once said
The male libido is like being chained to a mad man

Rip the lot out toilet goes back in end of day if not another one in house
Use it till you got new suite

your welcome

Then try to sell some s**t tape on the internet and then get your hands on the phone to see if you are going to have the right help and then the next step is to make sure that your account is in the right direction for the first time in your life or not for your family and friends to get your hands out of the project.
You are on some heavy s**t tonight my friend.