Pre cast coving..

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigsegs

now then, just been and looked at a job...this womans got some precast coving, the heavy handmade stuff..bout 5 inch accross corners, decorative...
what i would like to know from one of you experts in olde worlde coving is...
1) can i stick it up with board adhesive? been using it for standard cove for ages and i fly round a room..
2) anyone got a good tip for getting the pattern to match in the corners?
3) got 2 precast ceiling roses too, will board adhesive do them too (assuming i bang a screw in the centre whilst it goes off)

this job btw...some geezers been and skimmed the ceiling and 2 walls....i have not seen such a shite job in years, quite a few years...would have been better off not touchin it..

so... dont want to look a tit...gonna re skim it for her, just dont want the bloody coving to fall off, last time i used any of this stuff was prolly 10 years back and we ended up with nails all over the place..

cheers for any advice lads...

1) Board adhesive is fine but pva the back of coving first and also screw to wall then fill.
2) Use a joint rule or a trowel blade will do, fill the gap and use the rule to cut off surplus. Make sure that the rule is flat against the coving and dont allow any build up on the coving. Wash off with a small angle brush or similar.
3) Same as 1

When your sticking up the ceiling rose be careful not to over tighten the screw or you could end up snapping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.