Portuguese plaster

Members online

Sumner72

20160915_155511.jpg Just got back from visiting a friend in Algarve. Wanted a bit of patching doing so sent him to builders merch and he came back with this stuff. Went rock hard after 2 mins. Sponged it up and it didnt look too bad. Any ideas what it is and what to get nxt time.

View attachment 13771 Just got back from visiting a friend in Algarve. Wanted a bit of patching doing so sent him to builders merch and he came back with this stuff. Went rock hard after 2 mins. Sponged it up and it didnt look too bad. Any ideas what it is and what to get nxt time.
Sounds like yeso rapido in Spain used for profiles on brickwork and patching over conduit

Says on the bag yeso de terminacion
Finishing plaster .
Maybe set fast as old ?
As does not say yeso rapido.

Looks like a scabby older bag. Maybe taking the piss. Used to use mecafino by placo which was very fine with a really long set, more kit joint cement. For one coat sponge or even just skim coat used one called yeso escayola. I like Portugal everyone's dead friendly

Cheers for replies. Obrigado, A plasterer. Going back in may to do a bit of render, get too fat lazing round pool all day supping beer.

Hello amigo. I'm a spread in the uk but live in Murcia so commute back and forth just started advertising in spain as wanna do a bit here as well. Just wondering what plaster uou use for patching up internally is capa fina or perlita. also can uou clue me up what the paint they use on top that looks like woodchip like a silicone paint. Many Thanks

Hello amigo. I'm a spread in the uk but live in Murcia so commute back and forth just started advertising in spain as wanna do a bit here as well. Just wondering what plaster uou use for patching up internally is capa fina or perlita. also can uou clue me up what the paint they use on top that looks like woodchip like a silicone paint. Many Thanks
Perlita for patching, capa fina is exterior finishing mortar "mortero terminacion" capa fina being the brand name.
The woodchip looking stuff is called "temple" pronounced templay basically a lime paste you buy in bags and is sprayed on From a hopper adjusting to the size of splatter required .
Hope that helps you can also get multi finish in few places now aims building supplies has place in Alicante i believe selling British supplies. I will post a link.

http://www.abbs.es/

I've been working in Spain on and off the last two years. Took plaster out with us as I didn't like the local gear saying that found the sand cement reasonable. Got to add I've never met anybody lazier than the Spanish. Only word I learned was tomorrow.

I've been working in Spain on and off the last two years. Took plaster out with us as I didn't like the local gear saying that found the sand cement reasonable. Got to add I've never met anybody lazier than the Spanish. Only word I learned was tomorrow.

i dunno the italians could give them a run for their money